1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy,Looking for strobe ideas

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by LMT, Dec 9, 2009.

1. LMT

LMT Junior Member

Guys,

New to posting, been lurking around for a year or two... The truck is a 07' tuned 6.0L 2500 1LT reg cab Chevy truck. Cranked front bars, HID headlights. BOSS Pro-v 9'2" plow. 1300lb behind axle ballast.

I need lighting help. I got a free halogen light, that continues to blow my 20amp fuses. So I've been looking around at a strobe setup but have no idea what fits, what kit, where to mount... You get the idea. Any help would be much appreciated.

Is it possible to turn the clearance lights into park of the strobe setup? also the rear third brake light bed lights?

****** phone shot in the dark

[​IMG]

Thanks guys

JEFF SMITH

2. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

my setup is just tir3's pics are at the bottom of the given link...
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=73162&page=2

many people have used amber or clear vertex led's in the cargo lights in the 3rd brake light... pretty slick and effective up there...the clearance markers in the front i hae only seen one or two posts here about people puttin LED strobes in the center section i'll look around for the thread..

3. oh8chevy2500

4. John911

John911 Member

5. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I have an 07 NBS 2500HD and I have 2 LIN3 leds in the grill 2 vertex amber in reverse lights, and just added 2 clear vertex in the cargo lights. It works for me. Seeing as I lost a magnetic mount off my roof last year.

6. LMT

LMT Junior Member

Has anyone used the Hid-a-LED? I like the idea, i just dont like the idea of them all flashing the same pattern. The video I watched and what I've read said them will sync with each other up to 20 lights. I like the strobe kit look of the alternating lights side to side patterns. Is it possible with the Hid-a-LED?

Thanks guys for the replies and help

JEFF

7. oh8chevy2500

i have the whelen 4 head LED hideaways (LAW) only problem i see that there is absolutely no way in and around is that when you turn the switch on alll 4 come on front and rear no way to isolate

DSCN1397.jpg

8. LMT

LMT Junior Member

I guess if I was going to run 8 total lights, a set in the headlight area, clearance/roof lights, cargo lights, and taillights. I could split the headlights and taillights up into one set as while driving I would not want them running as it might be hard to see turn signals for some. Could them have the clearance/roof lights and cargo lights running on there own?

That make any sense?

Thanks again

JEFF SMITH

9. oh8chevy2500

just a quick question ... are you asking about a LED hideaway kit? or something more along the lines of a vertex LED head ?

10. LMT

LMT Junior Member

I think LED is the way to go in the cargo and clearance lights. I have no idea if there is enough room to install a strobe in those two areas?

JEFF

11. oh8chevy2500

the first pic is the lighthead from the whelen kit and the other is a vertex if you want low profile ie.. cargo light vertex's r the way to go ... good light output and you can wire every single head to perform as you want ...

led.jpg

vertex.jpg

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

13. LMT

LMT Junior Member

Vertex all around? or Hid-a-ways in the head and taillights? and vertex up top?

Thanks

JEFF

14. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

budget says that...

IMO....strobes on 4 corners and cargos....and vertex in the cabs.......

15. LMT

LMT Junior Member

perfect Thats what I'll do then

Thank you

16. LMT

LMT Junior Member

Now the question is what brand 6 strobe setup do I buy? Vertex LED's I got ;)

JEFF

17. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Subd', we have a 09 1 ton, and are looking for lighting ideas