1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy just saying hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by STIHL GUY, Feb 11, 2011.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

welcome and enjoy the new toy
  2. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Welcome! I predict with in a year you'll be talking about contracts and bidding and all that other stuff. Snow is an addiction.
  3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite! :nod:

Glad you have found it useful already
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

So true. Same thing happened 4 years ago with my snowbear and Dakota. Now I have a 2500, 8' X blade, small Salt Spreader and over 20 accounts. And I still LOVE to plow snow.
  5. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

Well mother nature helped me learn too plow lol.. picked up plow this morning and we got about 4inchs of snow with 12+ inch drifts.. I got better the more i plowed, I have only plowed with a quad and a straight blade plow on it so big difference.. but i had fun, plowed 6 driveways on my road of my good neighbors..
    Question though guys,,,,,, I have a chevy 2500HD and plow is snowdogg 7.6ft HD about 700lbs with everything.. dealer did nothing but mount plow, and when i raise it front end drops about 2- 2.5 inchs i actually scrape mount pulling out of my drive.. should i have torsion bars cranked up a bit? then crank em back down for the summer? I am no moter head but i would need to crank em back down in summer for tires sake wouldnt I? I measured and i only have about 4.25 inches of ground clearance from bottom of mount.
    also i have 850 lbs in bed spread from wheel well to tailgate..
    Thanks for any advice guys..
  6. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

mmmmm should i crank up tbars? or just drop 200 on timbrens? didnt think it would be an issue with plow prep package on truck.. but 4.25 inchs seems way too low 4 me..
  7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Did I miss something here or did Someone hit the wrong butten?
  8. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

i dont know what going on with thread, plz see thread help me i have no clue.....
  9. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Don't know how, but your first post seems to have disappeared.