1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy intro

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ibuildmyown, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Ibuildmyown

Ibuildmyown Junior Member

Hey everyone new guy here didnt really see a intro thread so here it goes.
    Just picked up a new to me truck a 1997 F-250 351 auto with only 70K on the odo with a 8 foot fisher MM1. So far so good did the first storm the other day here in Mass without a problem. Really only picked it to do my own drive and a few friends and help out some other friends that have both residential and commercial accounts if they fall behind.
    Here are some pics of the new rig and what it replaced.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and all geared up fro the first storm
    [​IMG]

and what it replaced 83 F-250 rotted to death and back again but never let me down
    [​IMG]

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Truck and plow look great.

3. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Welcome to PlowSite. :waving:

Nice rig, looks very clean for a 97. Hope you have good luck with it.

4. Ibuildmyown

Yeah its real celan for the year im the 3rd owner 2nd owner had it for 5 years and only put 20K on it. I got it the day after thanksgiving and so far put about 500mi on it and no issues at all Here are a few more pics.
    Drivers Rocker little surface rust
    [​IMG]
    Underside of driivers door
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Passenger Rocker again minor surface rust
    [​IMG]

5. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

that truck is in good shape for being a 97.

And only 70k miles? Pretty sweet!

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice truck, I like the white, the other truck look's well used, good luck with the new truck

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome :salute:

Nice truck/plow set-up.

No matter what type of truck/plow you have, if you maintain it and take care of it you will get many years of service from it.
    Yours looks to be like one that has been well taken care of it's whole life.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking OBS. I just picked up a '95 with 7.3L in it. These style trucks have been my favorite since they came out.

9. Ibuildmyown

Thanks for the welcome guys. All the surface rust will be taken care of in the spring.

The blue 83 was a great truck I got it for free 6 years ago from a condo complex it was a salt and plow truck its whole life that one only has 86,000 on it all it needed was a coil. Never failed to start and would push any amount of snow in front of it. Plowing with the auto in the 97 is totally different then the stick with granny gear in the 83. The 83 is still in my yard and I think it will hang around for awhile and be used in the woods to haul firewood. Its far from road worthy so if I hit a tree it wont matter.

10. Ibuildmyown

I agree something about them. Wish this had the 7.3 but the deal was to good to pass becasue of that.

11. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

damn clean truck for a 97