1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy in ohio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by suzuki0702, Apr 6, 2008.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

hey fellas. started a landscape company a year ago and doing good mowing in the summer. but want to take my company to the next level. vehicle is a 04 f250 5.4 crewcab short bed. budget is around 2k-2200. was looking at a used meyers 7.5 (too small i think) for 2k that was slightly used off of a 07 f350. will that mount up to my 04. in 05 the superdutys got a face lift. and im reading about these fan clutches. do i need to change mine or is that just the diesels? i beleive i have 5200lb springs up front. not real worried about that seeing how i have the ole v8. thanks a lot fellas!

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!!!:waving: There is a good section for questions regarding your truck, the Ford Truck Discussion. The guys there can answer your questions a little more in depth. I would not go less than an 8 footer on that truck!!! It could easily handle that and a lil more. There is also the Ohio snow thread in the networking section where all us Ohioans hang out. Come in there and we can help you with any questions you may have:cool:

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

get some wings and its now a 9.5' ....good luck and welcome to Ps:drinkup:

4. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring:welcome to plowsite and ohio(ride hard /play safe):gunsfiring:

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to Plowsite. You need at least an 8' blade. Not sure the plow off an 07 will fit your truck tho. The 07 has coils and the 04 has springs on the front suspension.