1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy in ohio with newer f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by suzuki0702, Apr 6, 2008.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

i posted this in new to buisness are now to ford section

. started a landscape company a year ago and doing good mowing in the summer. but want to take my company to the next level. vehicle is a 04 f250 5.4 crewcab short bed. budget is around 2k-2200. was looking at a used meyers 7.5 (too small i think) for 2k that was slightly used off of a 07 f350. will that mount up to my 04. in 05 the superdutys got a face lift. and im reading about these fan clutches. do i need to change mine or is that just the diesels? i beleive i have 5200lb springs up front. not real worried about that seeing how i have the ole v8. thanks a lot fellas!

2. lubricity

lubricity Member

Save your money for Ball Joints

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The 04 has a leaf front suspension and the 07 has coils....not sure the plow mounts are interchangable.

4. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

just rebuilt the whole front end with moog greasables. glad to see one of my questions go answered 3-4 days later. try my luck elsewhere

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have an 03 ford f250 supercab short bed 5.4 v8. I have a 8ft fisher mm2. I like boss and fisher thats all I will ever own. Save the money buy something good. and no the plow mount wont fit. 99-04 and 05-07 are different. I also updated my frontend with a 05 grill and headlights :)

000_1869.jpg

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Now if you have a Boss plow, the mount is the same from 99-07...;) (Boss Part # LTA03654C) And gee, I happen to have one for sale. PM me for details. Anyways, your truck can handle anything from 7'6" to 9'2" V, as far as Boss Plows go. I would highly recommend Boss over the others. Great product. Since your truck is a crew cab, I wouldnt recommend anything less than an 8' blade.:drinkup:

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Welcome Im down in Alliance Ohio

8. scoot98758

scoot98758 Junior Member

I have heard from several reliable sources that the 99- early model 04 are the same but from the late model 04 - now are different. Don't know when they made the change from early to late but i know it was around April. If you want to find out when your truck was manufactured it is listed on the sticker when you open your drivers door.

9. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Hey welcome i am new but have grown to like it here, i am in Englewood.

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

the f150s changed in 04 not the supers

11. BM'S PLOWING

BM'S PLOWING Member
    from MASS.

I Have A 05 With The 8 1/2 Mm2. Spend The Extra Money If Possible And Go With Something A Little Bigger Then Your Looking At. I Wish I Went With The 9 Ft And I Have No Problems As Long As There I Weight In The Rear. It Will Pay Off Next Winter.