1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy in central NY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hiwire, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Ive been reading the posts here for several weeks but finally decided to join in and register. I am near syracuse NY and plow with a 2000 150. Its the #7700 gvw model which is really the pre97 F250 (before they all became SD's). Its the only F150 that Ford will not void the warranty if you add a plow. I dont plow much, mostly my own long drive and a couple neighbors. I nave noticed that typical from sag and have just ordered a set of timbrens. I hope they do what you guys say. It sounds like the solution. I got them for 146 inc shipping from BSAOhio. I will keep an eye open here most days and keep up on the latest info and products. Nice to meet ya'll
    Ray Lowe
    Lafayette, NY
  2. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

Hi and welcome to Plowsite.

One other thing you might want to consider is adding "ballast" to the truck bed. Anywhere from 300 to 500 pounds will help a lot with front end sag and traction.
  3. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

This will be my 3rd season plowing with the truck. The first year I didnt use much ballast. Last year I carried about 300# and she would go through about anything and pushed the deep stuff pretty well. I may up it a little this year to #350. She has the limited slip axle. I think that makes a big difference. With the plow prep package and the 5.4L it seems like a nice setup for medium duty use. Sure not like those 350SD's but reliable and capable.
  4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

you will be happier with the timbrens youll see i to was a sceptic until i put them on
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

welcome to plowsite:waving:
  6. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

Hiwire when you get a chance you should checkout the networking forum on this site. There are a few of us in your area that get together to help each other out. When you respond to the post leave a phone# or email so we can contact you.
  7. thannigan

thannigan Member

I'm also new

Hey- I'm also new here on the forum. I had one question, how can i post pictures?