1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ukcats, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ukcats

ukcats Junior Member
    from Pa

I'm looking to get into snow plow this winter. I have a lawn care buss and some of my clients have asked about me plowing. Right now I have a 2002 gmc 1500. Would this be a good plow truck or will I need to go up to a 250 or a 2500? And do you guys use trucks that are reg cab or extended cab?
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If it is a pickup I prefer reg cab with 8ft bed. A 1500 will be okay until you start doing say over 10 drives or get into commercial lots with a salter.
  3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

can use 1500 if you get right size plow and drive a little more careful. complete stop before backing and forward and not as much slamming. 2500 will do you alot better but that is if you wanna spend the buck on a bigger truck compared to what you may need it for and how much money it will make you.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to PS. Your 1/2 ton will work fine.
    USE the "search" button before you ask a question that has been asked 100's of times already.