1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy here

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SharpEdgeLawnCare, Jul 14, 2003.

1. SharpEdgeLawnCare

SharpEdgeLawnCare Junior Member

Hey all

I am a member at LawnSite.com and cam here for some input. Kentucky sometimes has decent winters, like last year. I plan on buying a plow and getting some commercial accounts this year. Anyone have a proposal form I can view to see how to create mine? I know now is this time to start getting accounts. And will my 4wd be good enough for a plow? Thanks in advance!!!

Chris

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite. :waving:

Both your trucks are half tons,so you will be limited to a smaller plow selection,but they will still work OK.If I had to choose which one to plow with it would be the Chevy.The Ford Twin traction beam front end doesn't get along with plows too well.

Beefing up the front suspension with Timbrens will help,as well as adding a good trans cooler if not already equipped.

Probably a 7.5 or 8 Ft plow,max,or you can save some weight and go with a Snoway.No matter what blade you decide to run,make sure you have a good supporting dealer close by,as you will probably need them in the middle of a storm.

3. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey, welcome to PlowSite. What kind of trucks do you have? Year, make, and model? I have a 1992 1/2 ton Chevy and am very happy with how well it pushes snow. Of course, you cant go plow a shopping mall with it, haha, but it does awesome on driveways and small lots. Mike