1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy here, getting a Sno-Way soon!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by wkroncke17, Oct 18, 2008.

1. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Just joined this site,and have already read a ton of useful info!
    I own a 2006 Dodge 2500 Quad cab w/Cummins deisel. From what I have read,and researched, I have pretty much made my mind up on purchasing a Sno-Way 29" Plow. I've had Western, and Boss in the past, and used them with absolutely no problems or failure. Reading up on the Sno-Ways, they have really seemed to be just as good/better than the competition?? I like the idea of having "Down Pressure" as I'll be doing mostly narrow residential driveways. I'd like to go with the Poly blade, and the "Wireless" remote.
    Any comments/ideas/re-assurance that this is a good quality product, that will last me a long time?
    Thanks ahead of time!!
    ussmileyflag
    :drinkup:

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Good choice you should be happy for years (you might want to get a dump bed to carry all your cash in though!!!!!!)

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Nothing agaionest the 29 but did you ever consider a 8'6"? unless you deal with "cann't open the doors" tight drives the extra six inches is either no big deal or an asset. Less truck manuvering, and you can keep a little better distance. When you're cutting it so close you're watching it out the side window you can maintain more space from the truck.
    you can handle it weight wise, Old school plows are so heavy it's hard to get a grip sometimes as to how much plow Snoway allows you can carry and remain with-in the guide lines.

The wireless remote is great, there is a slight delay with the wireless that wired units do not have. Most guys seem to get good battery life, though there is the occasional complaint. I suggest carrying a 4 pack of new batteries just in case.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your Snoway product.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the Sno-Way family.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Buy it. You'll love it. Nuff said.payup

6. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Thanks for the comments!! Here in the city,there are alot of tight driveways that I'd rather take one extra pass back-dragging instead of taking a chance of taking down a fence, or taking all the siding off the house! Driveways are pretty narrow here that I do.
    I was quoted $5100 from one place, and $4600 for the same plow - I think its an easy choice...Gonna get it next week!!