1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy here and needs help asap

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by teebo95, Nov 5, 2006.

1. teebo95

teebo95 Junior Member

I reacently got the chance to bid a large parking lot in north nj. It has a bunch of small stores that close no later then 10pm and a food store that is open 24/7 they asked me to bid per storm in brackets 0-2.99" 3-5.99" so on and so forth. also salt and salt only not grit. The lot is about 1000' X 250 and the back is 1000' X 80... Thanks for any help you might have.
  2. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

That pretty dangerous asking a bunch of strangers who haven't seen the lot, don't know about your abilities, the condition of whatever equipment you have, the owners of the business you're working with, your local business ethics....etc... get my point.

I would just quote it with you walking the site and imagining you're doing it. If you can't, you're taking a big chance...:cool:
  3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Im currious what lot is it? maybe I have seen it im from northern Jersey to.
  4. teebo95

teebo95 Junior Member

well i am just looking for a ball park number it has about 5 islands made out of block so if you could give me a round about type answer. thanx again
  5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

$5.00 is that good ? what you should do is take a picture so we can see what you are dealing with? there are alot of factors when you price out a job, its not only the size , there are alot of things that will raise the price up a notch so to speak
  6. teebo95

teebo95 Junior Member

well the bid needs to be in by morning.. not my fault of course i call them 15 times and they tell me that the bid form is in the mail and a month later it gets here and now they want it back right away of course. so if you could give me a range that would help im guessing in the range of 700-900 for just plowing... please help
  7. teebo95

teebo95 Junior Member

well they want it in by tomorrow you know how that goes. i call 15 times for a bid form and they get back to you the day before its due. i was just looking for an idea im guessing between 700-900 for the first 3 inches then up about 75% per bracket