1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy Having Problems With Nite Sabers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sickboy, May 20, 2009.

1. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

I just bought a easy mount plus set up for my 01 GMC 1500 that came off a 03 Chevy 1500.The Meyer site said all I had to do was get the light adapter 07180.But that harness won't fit my truck.If I use the harness from the 03 the high beams and low beams both (plow lights and truck lights) come on and you can't turn the highs off.I went to a local dealer and he sold me an adapter that looks like the one off the 03 but the wires on the low beams are switched.I hooked it up and and all the lights work but the low beams (truck or plow).I have gone over the diagrams a 100 times and can't see where I went wrong.Any help would be great.
    Thanks for your time.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't expect the 07180 adapters to fit your truck, because those adapters are not for your truck.

The '03-newer ones are for the negative common systems and yours is the postive common (as most '99-'02's are) so thats why they don't work correctly either.

The correct ones would be 07185. These are the same adapters that come in the 07108 adapter kit that Meyer specifies for your application but without the DRL control box. Doing this will save you $50 by not buying another kit that includes an additional DRL box you don't need.

3. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

B&B,the 07185 adapters are the one that I got from the dealer.I have them on my truck now (unhooked).If I hook the adapters up I lose my low beams for the plow and the truck,but every other light works fine.Do you think I could of fried something when I had the negative common adapters from the 03 hooked up?
    Thanks again for the help,this issue just has me stuck.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you damaged the light modules...which isn't too tough to do as they're not know for being very bulletproof. They use non replaceable internal fuses and if they're blown the only recourse is to replace the modules.

At least the current newer design modules do have replaceable fuses.

If you'd like to troubleshoot the modules themselves to positively guarantee that its fact the modules causing the issue use this troubleshooting manual to check the pinouts: Light module info

5. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

Thanks I'll test those today when I get a chance.Hopfuly this will put a end to problem...

6. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

I put the new modules on today,and everything works great.xysportThanks for all your help...

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you're up and running. :waving: