1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy from Nebraska

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by HuskerSnow, Aug 21, 2010.

1. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Just wanted to say "Hey" to all of you out there. This year will be my first year for plowing snow. I'm looking at plows now and I think I might have found one but I have a question to you older wiser folks. I found a guy that is selling his Western plow and I wanted to know if the mount he has would work for my truck. The mount he has came off of a 1990 Suburban and I have a 1992 K1500 Silverado. If anyone knows please let me know. I know mounts can be kinda expensive and if his mount will work that would be a really nice.
    Again, just wanna say "Hey" to everyone and any wisdom you might have would be great for a first timer like me!
  2. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite, fellow Husker! I would call your local Western dealer to check on whether the mounts are compatible. Nebraska Snow Equipment, here in Lincoln could probably help. 402-466-6239 Go Big Red!
  3. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite HuskerSnow :waving: You might want to do a search in the Western Plow section, or post your question in there. You might get a quicker answer that way. But as pohouse said, calling your local Western dealer would be your best bet. Good Luck :drinkup:
  4. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I don't think it will work if it looks like the front of the suburban looked like a fullsize blazer/truck from the mid 80's. It goes 73-87 chevy truck 73-91 f/s blazer and the next gen. is 88-98 chevy 15-3500 4x4 and up to 2000 if it was the classic bodystyle So basically, it should have different frames.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Will not fit.
  6. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Thanks. I'm now looking at a different plow that would work better for my truck. its a Meyer Poly plow and it already has a mount that fits GMs 1988-1998. I'm going to pick it up friday.
  7. plowomaha

plowomaha Junior Member

Omaha or Lincoln? I am starting also and would love to sit down and chat about my experience with the startup game. I own a deck company here in town, and set up accounts last year just to sub them out to people who knew what to do. Let me know if you have or would like to chat about the plow game.
  8. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

I'm in Omaha and I actually just got my plow yesterday :) I was busy all day trying to figure out how exactly to install the mount and the wiring and all that. I'll probably have it buttoned up today hopefully.
  9. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Welcome! Not too many members on here from our area. I'm from Mo. Valley.