1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy from deep south

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lowflyn, Nov 5, 2014.

1. lowflyn

lowflyn Junior Member

Just wanted to say Hi. Have used this site over the last year to gather information and general ideas. Snow is not my big business...it's a once a year problem. I generally deal with ice melt more than anything.

Picked up a cheap plow truck with boss 8'2" v plow and am in the market for a tailgate spreader. Just trying to weigh the pros and cons at the moment. I'll end up buying two, using around 1 ton per event between the two.

My accounts are all large commercial lots, in general all they want is walkways, handicap spots and the main drives. Other than that they could care less. I did these last year with fertilizer spreaders and did the snow pushing with skidsteers and 4 foot buckets. It was not the most productive time. Time to invest in dedicated equipment.

On a side note I'm pretty sure I have one of the only snow plows in Mississippi...