1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy, first post.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by briggsguy17, Nov 20, 2009.

1. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

Hey all,

I have been lurking here for a couple of months. I have been plowing most all of my life, mostly with municipal equipment. Just bought a 2004 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison w/ 7.5 Western Poly UltraMount. Here is my question. The truck has the plow prep package and has a factory wired switch for a roof mounted warning light. I understand that the wiring is tucked under the headliner, how hard is it to retrieve the wire or should I run a new wire from the relay? What kind of light will this switch handle? This is a great forum. Thanks for your help. :):)

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

welcome to plowsite. the wire is above the headliner. just reach in there and pull it out. it's long. power and ground.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome briggs and no lead answered your question already.

4. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

Do I have to remove the headliner or can I get to it through the third brake light? Thanks guys.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

pull the rubber door sill down. reach in and grab it. takes 5 seconds.

6. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

Thanks no lead. :)

7. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Welcome to the site briggsguy17, lots of great help & info here !