1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy and his rigs

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FBN, Dec 24, 2008.

1. FBN

FBN Member

Here's my equipment, 87 GMC 3/4 ton with a C-8 Meyer, 85 Honda Big Red with a Cycle Country plow and my Toro snowblower. I guess I'm semi commercial as I take care of a private road, 2 small lots, 1 small school and about 15 driveways by myself. On a rare occasion I can get a friend to ride shotgun and run the shovel. I'll have to wait until the next storm to get some action shots. This is the first liftgate I ever owned and man does it make loading the blower a breeze! Enjoy the pics.

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Hows the trike plow? I would love to see some action shots of that.

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I've never seen a 3-wheeler plow before. I used a quad this morning, since my tractor is dead. But a 3-wheeler. Thats pretty neat.

4. FBN

FBN Member

These action shots on the 3 wheeler are from 2 years ago. It plows like a champ. The snow in the pictures is about 4" deep and it was raining while I was plowing.

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0678.JPG

5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Those old honda big red wheelers are a great machine, I'd love to have one again. There was a guy near home that use to build plows for the 3 wheelers. They sold for about 250.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, never seen a blade on a 3 wheeler before.:drinkup:

7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

just when I thought a 3 wheeler couldn't get any more dangerous

8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I was waiting for someone to say that. I rode a 3 wheeler out of someones garage, and turned around and went right back in, and said "no I don't feel safe on it".

9. FBN

FBN Member

It's the rider, not the machine. I like to link 3 wheelers to jetskis. it takes skill to ride a standup but any clown can ride a sitown.

10. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

back in the day the big red was the top machine in its day

11. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

x2

Even today, if you have a Big Red in real good condition, you can get a very good price for it. I was looking this past summer for an 85 or 86 Big Red 250 in real good shape, but each time I found one someone beat me to it.

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Plows

13. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice pics. i've got an '85 big red, with 16,000 orginal km's. was my grandfather's since new. just changed the battery out last spring......

funny how everyone thinks a 3 wheeler is dangerous...... did you start your kids out on a trike, or a 2 wheeler??? just need to know the limitations of the machine.

14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice set-up!

15. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

VERY NICE GMC TRUCK!!!! I love it!

16. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

Nice 3 wheeler, I have a few scares from mine.... nough about that, Whats in the Garage???? Looks like an old CJ7? Lets see some nice Jeep pics too!

17. FBN

FBN Member

That's my winter project, a 88 wrangler with 78,000 miles and a bad frame. I have another frame ready to go with better axles, 4:56 gears, 33" tires, 4" lift etc. If we don't have too much snow it should be ready for spring. As it sits now I wouldn't want to post any pics.
    All those dam Wranglers seem to rot the frames by the rear shock mounts because of a poor design. I can stick my hand into the frame on the pass side.:eek:

18. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

also gotta love a lift gate just make shure you keep it well inspected and clean and painted

19. daddymack38

daddymack38 Junior Member

I have a 85 Honda Big Red, and I am trying to find a plow for it. Does anyone know where I can get one??????

20. daddymack38

daddymack38 Junior Member

where did you get your plow for your Big Red,,, I need one...