1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Grille and HID's finally installed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Just finished installing my new grille and HID's these are not the HID wanna-be Silver Star light bulbs but the real deal.....:nod: The plow is next with the HID's ;)

HPIM0961 (Small).jpg

HPIM0964 (Small).jpg

HPIM0965 (Small).jpg

HPIM0966 (Small).jpg
  2. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

We are looking at getting a new pickup next year, can't decide what truck manufacturer to go with- let me know how you like the Ford...
  3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

This is my 3rd one, I love the Ford Superduty, my 2nd choice would be Chevy.
  4. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Do the frames/front ends hold up pretty well?
  5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice man i also like the lariat grill style on 05-07 i believe the harley is the same . but real nice . do still have other tow hook or did fab up a backet for boss plow off of it ?
  6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice rig you got there. I love my super duty to. They really can move some snow
  7. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I like those lights, wanted to put some in my truck, what do they cost?
  8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

COG-1 No problems with frames etc. I've really been lucky, no problems at all.

Mike-PSD, I took the other hook off, I got the idea from a guy on this site, I really never used the hooks and trying to find a spot to mount plow stuff was hard. I've attached a close up for you. The other picture is the one from this site, a guy here sent it to me but with out detail, so I had to build this one, kinda close.

Mysticlandscape - Lights were not too much, I paid 250.00 for the kit, included, bulbs, wiring harness and ballast. The difference from your stock bulb to these is incredible, I'll never go back :nono:

HPIM0962 (Small).jpg

plug%201 (Small).JPG
  9. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

eyesell - lookin good ... i will probably see ya around town in the next few months ... if we ever get ne snow .... LOL .. surprised you havent added nemore lights .. LOL ..
  10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

You have done it again. Great looking superduty. I really like the lights! Hook me up with a pm on where to get the light kit. Looks like a good christmas present to myself.
    jared :waving:
  11. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Where did you get the from?
  12. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Those are some sexy lights there, and only $250? What a steal, Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me.... How much for the swap with the plow HID lights? ....and on the Second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, TWO shiny HID plow lights!....:bluebounc

Great looking truck !
  13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

What light output is that on the lights..I want to buy them for my truck but don't know whick one to get...is that more than 6000K??...it looks like an 8000K?:confused::confused:
  14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Light output is 8000K, I became a distributor for the company that makes them a while back, if your interested in a set, PM me with year and make of truck along with style of bulb and I can send you a price.

15. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Looking good. Im thinking about throwing some of those in my truck. Not sure yet tho. Do you just have them for trucks or do you do cars too?
  16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I just got started, still trying to build inventory but with the 1000's of types of cars and trucks I'm trying to stock as little as possible and rely on the warehouse to ship within a day or two. Give me model and make of car along with year and type of bulb ( if you know it ) and I can get you a quote.

17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My output on this set is 8K, I like the blueish look over the white 6K, I really didn't notice much of a difference in the two in ability to see more at night. I'm actually thinking of installing a 6K in one light and a 8K in the other so people can see the difference. Fortunately the set I have is Bi-Xenon which means I have a low and hi beam setting. This only works vehicles that have a single light.
    There is no difference in price, when these kits came out a few years back, they were selling for $ 899.00 and up depending on weather you were buying 6,8,10, I could'nt sell any and got out of the business, now that the technology has gotten better the price has dropped to a range where it's more affordable.
    Anyhow thanks again.
  18. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

The lights and grille looks sweet.

I'd like to see a few pics of that 1972 boosted BBC. :D
  19. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

what was the name of the grill co.?
  20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Oh man...:redbounce I love talkin' classic cars !!

Chevellebration 15 (Small).jpg