1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JD Dave, Jan 27, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well I didn't realize when I bought it that I had to cut the old grill out but oh well. 2 minutes made short work of the old grill and I bolted the new one in. I also painted everything behind it flat black, so it would look better. The grill is out of a place in LA called T-Rex. The pics don't do it any justice as it was dark but in person it looks beautifull. Even my wife got a little excited when I dragged her outside to look at it.

DSCN2920.jpg

DSCN2918.jpg

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

Looks sharp JD.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The grill looks sweet. At least it is a little different then most.

I like the way you installed the plow mount, you can't even tell you have one. LOL

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's called the Bossless mount.:D

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I dunno- I definitely liked it better with the stock grill, but to each his own. :waving: To me it just looks like a mesh grate- but if you like it, that's what matters! People might not know what brand it is now though without the GMC on the grill!:nono:

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

People might not know what brand it is now though without the GMC on the grill!:nono:[/QUOTE]

Then those people don't own a GMC.:dizzy:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Then those people don't own a GMC.:dizzy:[/QUOTE]

I took off all the other signage a week after I bought it. It does look really good in person, I had to go out and have another look at in the garage. You should of seen the look on my dad face, when he walked in the shop and saw me cutting out the grill with the jig saw. I'm still young at heart and like doing little projects for fun, it's a waste of money but if I don't spend it the wife will. :D

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I too like the original better...to me after market cut out grills make the truck look like it has been in a wreck! jmo

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

damn sharp buddy. maybe the girls in that pic i sent you will want to go for a ride!

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

God Bless America! LOL That was my screen saver for 3 days, now it's my wedding picture for some reason.:rolleyes:

I appreciate all comments good and bad, we all like different things but I can guarantee you Exmark that no one thinks my truck has ever been in an accident. LOL

11. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

I thought this was going to be about new weber.:)

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I actually needed a barbeque more. LOL

13. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I love my weber grill

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good Dave!!!:nod: But only one issue......it kinda looks like the 05-07 super duty trucks. JMO though

15. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

OH MY GOD- that would be an insult to GMC owners everywhere- you're right though :dizzy: Yikes!:dizzy:

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I know that is an insult, and I appologize:waving: I drive Chevy and had a 94 GMC and I love them. But it does look Fordish:cry:

17. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

It looks awsome JD.... hey if you ever get tired of farming at least you now you can open an auto body shop... your workmanship is real neat.

18. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks good JD!! you putting one on one of the tractors next?

19. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

looks awesome!, i like it better than stock, and i bet the truck looks real nice and clean all debadged

20. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great...Nice Truck!!