1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New GMC truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dave1250, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Hi all I order a new one ton truck . Does anyone know how to track new trucks being built ? I have a Number but do not know where to go to check on it . I read a few months ago on oil burner or other site it can be done .Any help out there ? Thanks

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Dave
    The dealer should be able to give you a build number ,plant location,and build date. If it to be built at Pontiac East assy in Pontiac Mi I can get me coworkers to keep a eye on it for you. I am no longer at that location but still have a lot of people I can call on. Let me know if I can help.

Regards Mike

3. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

new truck

Well the dealer called today 07-07-04 and told me the 2005 GMC 3500 4X4 was built and should be here by the end of July . many thanks for the help .

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Dave

Here at Pontaic Assy we will not be building the 2005 till Aug.I'm working at the Lear Seat plant but work for GM Pontaic Assy. There is a big change in the rear seat and I know we have not yet built any 2005. I wonder what plant it came from? When you get it there should be a sticker inside the drivers door jab that will say which plant it came from. Let me know. I'm sure you will love that new truck.

Regards Mike