1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New GMC 3500HD Questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RONK, Aug 30, 2011.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

We just bought a new GMC 3500HD W/T,reg cab 6.0,any suggestions what to do to keep the truck running well?I'd like to switch tires to 275-70-18 Goodyear Dura-Tracs, wil they fit?How high can I bring up the front end?Any suggestions on parts upgrade?Bed liner,Rhino or Line-X?Floor mats,Weather-Tech or Husky?We're going to put on the Fisher X-Blade from the Dodge we had.It's the best riding truck we ever had.I would have liked to buy a diesel but couldn't justify the extra expense for what we do.We bought the GMC over a Ford and Dodge mainly do to the front end problems,Ford ball joints,Dodge U-joints,that we had.Thanks.

2. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

for your front end, check out a cognito leveling kit, tie rod sleeves, steering idler box, and i went with the firestone air shocks in my 06. between the leveling kit and the air shocks, it levels the front end in no time.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

2011? If so you need nothing for the front end.

4. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

are the new front ends that different?

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yes compltely different form 2010 and older. You need nothing.:salute:

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed....

And it won't need anything for a long time.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I hope not as I just got a 2011 3500hd. One bad arse truck, although the check charging system message came on tonight and amp gauge read.less than 14. Lasted 5 seconds than back to normal. Only had 90 miles on her, hopefully a fluke.

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Given time will tell on things like tie rods and idlers and such, but I don't foresee anything in the new front ends that will need an upgrade.

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Everything wears out at some point but I really think GM did their homework on these 2011 hd's. Something i noticed today is that the turning radious is much tighter than my 07.

10. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

My 2011 2500 HD Owner's manual mentions the torsion bar adjustment is simple if you prefer to raise the front end for a plow's added weight, though NOT necessary ...

Read yours !!!!