1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New GM Class V Hitch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buckaltc, Aug 4, 2010.

1. buckaltc

buckaltc Junior Member
    from detroit

I got a 2009 GMC Sierra in October. GM decided to go with 2.5" class V hitch on them. Then I loaned out my three way hitch (which won't ever come back) next, I lost the reducing sleeve that takes the 2.5" receiver to a standard 2" one. SO does anyone know a good place to get a tri ball hitch with a 2.5" shank? I figure that way I won't need the sleeve and I probably can say no to loaning it out.

thanks,

Cory

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Your local trailer dealer should be able to help you out.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't know of anyone yet manufacturing a tri ball on a 2.5 shank. Curt makes the recevier hitch for Chevy but they don't have them available. What we normally do is tack a 2/2.5 adapter to a two inch shank tri ball, drop pintle, etc, then there is no losing or lending it. Just tack it no need to run a lot of weld and you don't want to create hard spots in the 2" shank.

4. buckaltc

buckaltc Junior Member
    from detroit

Thanks Bahser--that makes sense. None of the national places seemed to have them yet (ie cabela's or jc whitney). I can get a 2.5" but not the tri-ball, and it's so handy to have because there is always that one time you need to hook to a 1 7/8.

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Search e trailer or trailer parts superstore. Both have good prices and just about anything one could need for trailers. Or your local trailer dealer.

6. vincent

vincent Senior Member

e-trailer has them. I live right by them.

Also any RV dealer will have them.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

those who think they know where to get one post a link. Not to etrailer, etc but the actual product.:cool: