1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New GM 1500's?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by XLC93, Oct 12, 2009.

1. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

Anyone plowing with these? I noticed that they offered them with plow prep packages and was just curious if anyone was running one? I was looking at a regular cab short bed with a snowdogg plow on it. Pics are greatly appreciated thanks!

2. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i dont have any pics but i plowed all last winter with a 08 chevy crew cab 1500. it has a 7'6" boss standard. i was shocked how well it pushed. the traction controll helps. yeah yeah i know it does not have the plow prep package but mine has everything from the factory for the prep package even the bigger atl and trany cooler, execpt the second battery which i installed. the only bad thing is they have ifs now so no torsion bars to crank up. put a front leveler kit on and your good to go

3. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

Cool thanks for the input! Its funny right after i posted this thread i went o a neighboring city and i saw about ten setups exactly as i had descibed LOL

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

GM pickups have been built with IFS for 20 years now.

5. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

LOL i was wondering if someone else would comment on that

6. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

ok, yes they have had ifs for a long time, but no longer have t-bars to crank up the front end.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The 3/4 and one ton trucks still have torsion bars, which are adjustable.

8. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

Anyone have some picssss???????

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But the new generation 1500 have coils instead of T-bars. They'll get some up your way in a couple years if your patient

We have installed 26 series Snoways on a couple of the new generation trucks they handle them well

10. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I have a 2000 with a 7 6 v boss. Put timbreins on front turned the t barss up a bit abd weight in back 3 years now handles good better then I thought.

11. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Here is one for ya! Last years picture. Truck now has a 7.5" lift. Still plow with it though!!!!!!

Attached Files:

12. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

No offense but he did say (new) 2000 is now 10ys old. Wow time flys. How has your truck held up over the years???? Tranny etc.... Any problems???

13. overtime

overtime Senior Member

first sorry about that. Never had any problems yet. I have had to replace both front hubs, but i did those in the middle of summer so not sure if the plow would of had affected that. No trans problems.