1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New generation poly caster

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gmcsierra1500, Sep 4, 2009.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Im looking into purchasing one of the new generation poly casters and was looking for some input, what you have heard or know. seeing as noone has started a thread on these new units in the western fisher or blizzard discussions I figured id ask Thanks
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I put my hands on one a few weeks ago!!! not a bad setup...somethings I like some things I dont

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Poly spreader

What don't you like about it.
  4. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I have been looking at them also. Alot of improvements over the first generation. Maybe a few of us local guys can get in on a group purchase?
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

They went back to the steel bed chain. That's a bummer to me.
  6. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

They did have problems with feed...

I personaly dont like where they have the electrical conectors...

they also use a module .. I just don't understand why they do this.. and heres a little FYI

You can NOT jump the poles on the module to test the motor!! you will burn the module instantly!!!!

You also must block the unit for storage or it can deform from the heat in the summer..
    So they say ..
  7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The weight difference between the 8 foot poly caster & the Stainless steel pro-caster is 50 pounds. So you don't drastically save on less weight in ur truck, & they both hold 2 cubic yards of material. I would spend the extra $$ on steel versions.
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey! Something we agree on. If you thump the polycaster, new unit. Expensive. Thump the steel, it can be repaired. If you go steel, get stainless. The big advantage of the poly is the (two now) electric motors. If I were you, I would look at a few different brands. Looked at some Snow Ex stuff this week. Pretty nice, but still poly. I want to check out the Airflow SS with two electric motors. Seems like the bomb.

If you have to go gas, go Honda. Hydraulic, then electric, would be my first, then second choice.
  9. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Have had the air-flo, not a bad sander for the money but the track is not wide enough and you get alot of bridging of material.