1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New generation multiplex straight blades

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mishnick, Nov 5, 2011.

1. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Hey guys & girls, I need some feedback on the new multiplex straight blades... I just built my first yesterday and was wondering what others think of them... I do appreciate the new grease zerks on the swivel bar but can't understand why no zerks on the plow pivot bolt though? I also really like the new cotter pin retainer system on the configuration pins! It's soooo much easier to reconfigure for vehicle height. The one thing that I really don't like is the trouble you have to go to to fill and check the fluid level. First you have to pull the lift frame pivot pins (hair pins help make it easier) then you have to drop the lift ram down to the A frame and finally fight to get that plastic shroud off of the top half of the pump / valve body assembly. Then finally you can take out the filler plug. I can see that owners will not be topping up their own systems and will have lots of problems with low fluid.

So that's my opinion, I look forward to hearing yours.... :laughing: