1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Gauges and Exhaust

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by William B., Jan 31, 2008.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Last weekend I had an EGT and boost gauge installed on the A-Pillar of the truck. I also picked up a 4in Silverline exhaust system. Its a straight pipe all the way. I'll be getting a 5in tip sometime in the next couple weeks. Here is a pic of the gauges along with a clip of what the exhaust sounds like.
  2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

good job..........let me know if you need a hook up on the tip.
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good and sounds good Will.
  4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

sounds pretty nasty :nod: good choice on the gauges
  5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i like the pilar not to impressed with the exhaust thou
  6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good
  7. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

kinda sounds like a jet!! my buddy has a 5" staright exhaust on his 6.0 psd sounds awesome!!!
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks and sounds great!! How much louder is it in the cab, when your on the highway?
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Looks and sounds good. I'm going to order my MBRP exhaust in a few weeks.
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The funny thing is these exhaust systems are made 2 hours away from me but I can buy one cheaper in the US and have it shipped from their, go figure.:D
  11. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

truck sounds good william. Do you plan on running a programmer or are you already running one. The gauges look good to that is what i want to do to my truck once i get some money.
  12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

It is a little louder in the cab but its not to bad. I honestly figured that it would be louder. I'm comparing to a friends 03 with a straight pipe. Only difference is that he has a tip so maybe thats what I'm missing

Currently I have the Predator programmer on the truck. It's set on 65hp. This is a link to read about what it will do