1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new gadgets

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Aug 27, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Interior shows the new GPS system and CB radio (is going to be upgraded end of this week to an upscale cobra radio.

Exterior shows the toolbox, rims and the CB antennas.

*rims look like crap in the pics...i'll try to get some better ones tomorrow.
    *the mooses name in my dashboard is steve...just so you know!
    *all of the CB antenna wires will be tucked away out of sight later tonight or tomorrow but they are sure not staying there!
    *the wire going from the cig plug and through the dash goes to my GPS.....i really like to keep wires out of sight as much as possible for a clean, good look!

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looking good. I love your truck.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

truck looks real good man.

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Mike that came out great. Good job. I like the way you installed the CB antennas. LOL. The interior looks good as well. I think i am going to mount my CB to the dash like you instead of the roof. Again it looks GREAT. Rich

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Everything looks great.

I would be affraid of having the GPS stolen, do you take it with you at night?

6. Quality SR

That is a good point Cet. I had mine stolen. Also take out the mount too. I had the mount in the window and the gps under the seat. They saw the mount broke the window and searched for the gps. Take the extra minute and take it out completely. Rich

7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

mike, truck looks great, what kind of gps did you get?

8. mcwlandscaping

Magellan 4040

As far as it being stolen...the mount is kinda hard to see from the outside how it is tucked up on top of the dash next to the A pillar...and people stealing things around here is something no one worries about (i do take the unit out at night though)

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looks good brother!

10. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Except for your camera haha, btw taht looks pretty sweet

chris

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I know they look good, but the dual antennas will actually hurt your reception. Running dual antennas so close together is likely to give you decent range in front of and behind the truck, but very weak to the sides. I suggest only hooking on antenna up to the CB, but leave the other as a "dummy" if you think it looks better.

12. Quality SR

I have 2 antennas on my S-10 which is much more narrow then Mikes truck. Also all the guys that i work with have the same set up as mine and Mike's. No one has had any problems, and i use them almost everyday.

13. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Nice, lots of stuff packed in there...

What Alpine deck are you running and how do you like it? Does it have the full speed iPod cable?

14. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

sharp looking truck

nice looking truck mcw, let me know what your handle on the cb is have a radio in my truck and a base at home, david]

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice looking truck you got there Mike. Love that set up you have.

16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

damn you can probably get arizona on those whips

17. mcwlandscaping

I have the alpine CDA-9857 tied into two R type alpine speakers up front. I LOVE it, and the ipod full speed is AMAZING!! my model is no longer available as they replaced it with one that has some new features that most people won't use. All i can say is look on crutchfield.com and they'll hook you up with everything you need for this thing!!

18. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I dunno I was always told by some burnout hippie......take it for what its worth but this guy knew his cb stuff....that running duals will cut your strength down and also ruin the radio over time since its hard to tune dual antennas that are less than 8' apart.

Say what's the best way to tune a cb anyway...do I need to go out and buy an SWR meter or something? Don't mean to hijack your threat MCW.....like all your gizmos....where's the microwave on Direct tv?:nod:

19. mcwlandscaping

SWR meter if the CB unit doesn't have a tuner already built into it. :)

20. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Cool, thanks.