1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Front Plow/Back Plow Combo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kent Lawns, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

For those who want the advantages of a back dragging plow with buying/building a rear plow:

The new Hiniker C-Plow "covertable" switches from conventional front plow to back-dragger with the flip of a switch.

--Thought some would like to know--
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

After what John Parker of Ny Snow Pros has to say. I wouldn't touch a hiniker plow.

3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I guess they should have named them Hinkey plows
  4. GeoffD

i haven't sean a picture of this plow, so this statement has no realy fact behind it.

I just think that when you design a plow, to do do different jobs, there may be too many moving parts, and too many weak links in the design. Thus resulting in more breakdowns. This is pure opinion, not a fact by any mean.

5. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Arctic (based in Ontario) makes a pull plow we're going to check out tomorrow or friday. Since we're emphasizing full-service to our residentials next season, we expect to have more driveways to plow. Other than seeing it on their website I know nothing about Arctic pull plows...we are curious though. Daniels doesn't have a website I guess, and I haven't heard of them up here in Canada.

6. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

some how i posted on the wrong thread if you go to big snow little snow u can read my opinion on Winkydink i mean Heniker plows
  7. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

8. Ed Altheide

Ed Altheide Junior Member

pull plows

This web site lists a complete line of pull plows
    manufactured by http://www.snowmansnowplow.com. Check it out and let me know what you think?

Some features: only spring trip pull plow, exclusive high lift, easy receiver hitch hook-up, power down, straight or angle blades.
  9. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I saw a brochure on the Hiniker C plow. Looks to me like you could tear hell out of it if you snagged something while backing up. Also there not a lot of room under the wishbone and the part of the plow that doesn't flip-flo to carry much snow. That and the foine endorsement from John Parker makes it real easy for me to stay away from Hiniker.
  10. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

hinky dinky plows

from what i hear, the forks bend easily, the mounting of them isn't too great and the c-plow looks like it wouldn't see one season on use.

<b>Ed Altheide</b>- welcome to the forum. it's nice to finally have someone involved with making snowplows. one of my friends is a distributor for them. just wondering why in your ads you show them pulling gravel?

# 1 PLOWTECH WES/MEYER Junior Member

I have seen the pictures of the New hiniker plow, although not seeing it in person, i am curious of its strength and reliability. I did have a route of many driveways and used a western 7.5 pro uni-mount and used it as a backdrag. It stunk like we all know. We now have in development a bolt on system to the uni-mount which turns it into a DOWN-PRESSURE system. I have used it personally for one season with satisfying results and doing further R&D.Good luck to Hiniker. #1 PT.
  12. GeoffD

Also if you look at the pictures. It looks like someone has shoveled the snow where the trucks tire sits. This allows the unit to back drag better. I wonder how effective it would be with out shoveling the place for the tires.

13. fivestr19

fivestr19 Junior Member

hiniker plows look very poorly constructed, i would expect theat the first big storm would mess something up in the birdsnest of parts they have to move the sucker.....myself i wouldnt touch one with a 10 foot pole!
  14. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Ed, were you at SIMA-Portland? I talked to somebody from your company at length, down in the parking garage while they were showing me your plow.
  15. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Anyone know of a blade that actually is a back drag blade w/a trip that will mount in a standard plow frame on the front of a truck.
  16. Ed Altheide

Thanks for the welcome! A snow removal contractor for 15 years, I live for snow!

The plows are tested and built to work in gravel during the off season. The picture was taken during testing to show durability.
  17. Ed Altheide

Yes, I was at SIMA in Portland. So it was me you visited with - good to talk to you again.