1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New front end

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by M&M Services, Mar 27, 2007.

1. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I have been assembling parts for this swap since December and finally had them all so I put the 05+ front end on my truck with the harley headlights!! ..Yes i know it looks funny with these tires and wheels on it but I have my new 18 inch wheels for it, I am just waiting on the 35x12.50x18 toyo M/T's to come in so hopefully they will be on there soon also.. I got rear ended the other night by an avalanche, bent up my bumper and put a dent in the tail gate so I will be dropping the truck off soon to the body shop! I will post pics when it is all done..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  2. M&M Services

from midwest

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

very nice!! how long did it take you?

4. M&M Services

from midwest

Thank you, and start to finish about 3.5 hours, and that is with swapping the grille header panel..I also used the Headlight conversion harness from www.dfuser.com simple plug and play with 2 relays..They say it makes the headlights 30% brighter, and they are bright! this is a direct swap using all of the old hardware

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great I am wanting to do the same thing along with the suspension also. Did you reuse you factory driving lights. If not do you want to sell your old ones. Steve

6. M&M Services

from midwest

Thank you for the compliments...I did not reuse the factory fogs since they have different brackets than the new ones...I will sell them if you are interested just let me know...
    Mike

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Ill be honest, I normally like the '05 front end swap but on your truck I think the original front end looked better. I like the new one too, it looks real good but the original is nicer looking. Maybe the tires will help but ill have to wait and see.

Maybe if you painted the grill red? or black? The chrome just looks too "off"

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

both look nice to me. nice truck

9. M&M Services

from midwest

Thanks for the compliments guys..Stroker79 you are not alone with that comment, others have said the same thing..I think it makes the truck look bigger, and trust me at first I was like man I miss the red because I was so use to it...We will see what happens it is off to the body shop hopefully soon for the rear bumper and tailgate, so maybe I will talk to them!

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks great Mike. I can't wait to see it all decked out with the new springtime fashion!

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

can't you get the new front that is on your truck in the body color?

12. M&M Services

from midwest

Thank you First Time Out and the spring time fashion will hopefully be soon I am picking up the tires this weekend..And yes you can get it in body color, but I like the chrome one better..trust me it was not a quick decision, I looked at red 05s with the chrome front and with the red front for a long time, and decided on the chrome..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  13. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i think it looks way better and fits the truck very well.

14. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I'm on the fence as to red or chrome, bottom line it is a sweet truck. Very nice. Can't wait to see it with some meats on there!

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Wow dude, sweet lights! Huge difference, really improves the front end

16. M&M Services

from midwest

Thanks guys it turned out nice...I need to get the bigger tires on it though LOL :drinkup:
    a sneak peek at the wheels..I still need to take it to the body shop so it may take a little longer than I would like..but it should be done soon..
    [​IMG]

17. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

wow nice rims. My wife woul kick my a$$ if I had them on the kitchen table though!:gunsfiring: :dizzy:

18. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Looks nice. You want to well the old grill and bumper?

19. M&M Services

from midwest

LOL yeah I hear ya thats why the pic was taken when only I was home..:D ..
    Oh and I may be interested in letting go of the old grille and bumper...let me know what all you need..
    Mike

20. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Mike,

I have a 2002 and want to convert to the painted front end. I need the grill and the bumper. Where are you located?

John