1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New from Ontario need help!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by CMC Landscaping, Jan 4, 2014.

1. CMC Landscaping

CMC Landscaping Junior Member

Hello this is my first year pricing out snowplow jobs. I have been plowing for six years but have no idea how to price the jobs properly. I know it can be done by square feet, per push or hourly. If there is someone on here from southern Ontario or anyone who could help me out on how to price, I'd greatly appreciate it!!
  2. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Most big business guys in my area (4 hrs east of you) are doing contracts... But there are a lot of little guys doing per plow costs on the side so if the contracts keep them busy they can give a number to a buddy etc. I've never heard hourly or per sq foot. Best case is look through here....

And see if you can match up your properties with something. I'm a total newbie in the plowing world. Put a plow on the truck this year and have been overwhelmed with calls for plowing!!! I've turned down about 8-10 calls per snow fall as I'm not in it to make money, more so for me and family. I did do a few others here and there and regular drives I got $30 and bigger lane ways (farm houses and out skirts of town $40.

Not sure if I've helped you or confused you but hey, it's the thought that counts :laughing:
  3. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

In my area i look at the lot and based of what i see and how long i think it will take me i give the customer a price but all my accounts so far are all per push pricing.
  4. JRT

JRT Junior Member

I work out of brampton and mississauga and do 30 residential and 5 small commercials. All my houses are on a set price per months. Seasons Nov 15-April 15. Commercials have a monthly plow charge and then are billed for each salting.. Example. 1 commercial lot may b 500$ per month to plow, only after 2". Less than that it gets salted for let's say 240$ per tonn. If I salt six times in amonth they get a invoice for 500 + (6 x 240). Houses Avg front 600-1000 per season. Works well for me.