1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New formed cutting edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jt13speed, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

So what does everybody that has the new formed cutting edges for V-plows think of the center trail problem? Has it been solved? How clean do they scrape now?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

There thicker too.
    I have only used them a couple of times.
    They work very well and middle trail off is almost gone altogether.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Plus they have the built in curb guards.

I wouldn't run without them either.

Don't have to worry about popping off the "shoe" anymore.

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I havent had any problems with my plow leaving any center trail of snow...However, I think they need to make the cutting edge thicker. My Fisher had under 8 hrs of plowing on it and it wore almost an entire inch off from the center of each wing to the outer edges. Fisher did replace them with their thicker 1/2" edges and asked me to buy their "curb/shoes kit" which needs much improving. I ended up sending back the kit due to it not letting the blade touch the ground. They came out with a new bracket to attach it to the blade but the shoes needs to be angled differently, even with the new bracket the cutting edge was still about a 1/2" off the ground. I ended up using a Myer's curb guard, that gave me an additional 1/2" on the outer edges. Most of us need to be down to the pavement from the get-go not after 10hrs of making a mess (when everything should wear in together). But if they come out with a kit that actually matches the cutting edge I would recommend getting that kit and save some "wear & tear" on the cutting edge because at around 300 bucks thats a lot of $$$$ to throw into a new plow every year,IMO.:waving:

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

You know, I just assumed the original poster was talking about Boss V plows, that's what my post was geared towards.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

ok well I assumed he ment all V blades. I didnt see anywhere where it said Boss V's

7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

I didnt specify for any certain type of plow since boss, fisher and western all have formed cutting edges now. They all seem just about the same except boss having the built in curb gaurds. thanks for all the replys and keep them comin