1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chuck Smith, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Spotted this one at a local dealer

~Chuck

ford.jpg

2. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Gotta be either 650 or 750. That narrow grill makes it look like a Freightliner.

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Is that an Isuzu or Mitsubishi-Fuso next to that Ford?

God I cant believe I am on a Ford Site? yeccchhh my GM's will never forgive me.

4. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

The Ford in the picture looks like a F650 lopro chassis. I believe that it comes with 19.5" rubber

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

wow ford heaven.

Geoff

7. Defective

Defective Junior Member

It looks like they had a fire in the body shop...

Is it just me? Or, do new trucks these days tend to look half melted?

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The 650s & 750s use the same cabs as the Super Duty pickups. I'm thinking about those West Coast mirrors for my new truck, they bolt on.

9. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

Pelican,

I like the trailer tow mirrors on our new trucks (99+) and my own truck. our older 450's have a west coast style, and its $80 to replace the glass when you rip them off the truck, plus most of the time we end up denting the door trying to replace the mirror. I'm sure your more careful with your trucks, but we run a large fleet, and i've replaced several mirrors over the past few years, because drivers got to close to another truck in our own yard and ripped them off. You don't have enough surface area with the trailer tow mirrors? or do your trucks only have those small mirrors? well just my thoughts.

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm a former trailer driver, I guess I got used to using them and miss them. The tiny spots in the Ford mirrors just don't show enough picture for me, plus I want to add heated mirrors.

11. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

The new Ford F-650's are very nice. We just received delivery of one last month. Same thing pretty much except NOT the low pro style. The cab is the same basic thing as the F-250 and up and they handle just as easy. Also, the turning radius is fantastic. Jake.

12. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Anyone know if the 850 is still available?

13. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Not sure. I didn't see anything over an F-750 when I was shopping trucks back in the spring. I was at nine different Ford dealerships back then. Not all were heavy Ford truck dealers but the the one's that were carried a lot of trucks on their lots. Anything heavier were Sterlings or other heavy brands. Jake.

14. GeoffD

No more 850, till 2007, when Ford can build big trucks again.

Geoff

15. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Woa! Ford building big trucks again! I have heard many different stories about Ford and heavies recently, (Louisville/Sterling back from Freightliner and the International Blue diamond project). Is this true? Would be nice :). Jake.

16. GeoffD

I have heard that in 2007, Ford will be building something big again. If they get it from sterling or International, I have no clue.

Geoff

17. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Cool! It will be interesting to see. Jake.

18. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've driven quite a number of trucks, and the Louisville was always my favorite. Interior room, visibility and driver layout were hard to beat. I was disappointed to see that line go. I'll be interested to see what they come up with.

19. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Pelican, I agree. The Louisvilles were always a truck that I felt were comfortable to operate as well as to ride in. I was very upset, (for many reasons), when Ford sold to Freightliner back in 97'. It was three weeks after we purchased our newest Louisville. Jake.

20. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Trucking

I used to drive for Grand Union out of Mt Kisco Ny, for 20 years. Company trucks were Fords and Whites, but during Thankgiving and Christmas, they rented trucks and trailers to keep up with the extra shipping. We saw anything and everything during that time, I still like the Louisville, even over KW and Pete, those cabs are too small and the gauges are everywhere.

I hauled in and out of Carlstadt, NJ to our other warehouse and made a lot of backhauls throughout Northern Jersey. Where are you?

Steve