1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by brandon.edwards, Nov 14, 2014.

1. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

Couple questions to the guys plowing with 6.2L gasser super duties. I bought a 2015 F350 and it has the snow plow prep package. Now correct me if im wrong, but the snow plow prep package i understood is beefy front springs, HD alternator, and bigger fan clutch. Anything else? Also i have 10K miles on her now, and im still running the stock battery. now would you guys recommend that i upgrade that battery before my plow season starts, or do you think im ok running the battery it came off the line with? Thanks in advance brothers and sisters.
  2. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Your battery will be fine...
  3. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I had a dead battery about 3 weeks after I bought my truck used with 36k on it. Took it back demanded a new one. They put a 800 cca bat in. Not sure what stock is I think it is like 600. I would run what you have for now unless you have a problem
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

The stock battery is fine. The dash lights and heater will draw down a bit when you lift the blade, but it's normal.
    Plow prep is only those things you mentioned. I am making bed stake back up lights (LED) that plug into the 7 pin trailer plug. Off and on as needed.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Your good to go...just throw the plow on.