1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new ford truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mailman, Oct 25, 2006.

1. mailman

mailman Junior Member

bought a 2006 f350 ford had a chevey1500 put ford connections on truck, kept plow
    will it fit with the connections on the plow

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

First what plow do you have? If the plow is a two plug (or three plug) and the truck is a two plug (or three plug) the wiring will work. Both sides need to match. Either both two or both three. Do you have a mount on the F350? Everything ready to have a plow mounted? I think a plow that you had on a 1500 is going to be too small for the F350.

3. mailman

mailman Junior Member

new ford

the new mount is on and has 3 plugs as does the 7!/2 ft. fisher so I guess I am good to go

Thanks

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Yup

You'll need

New push plates, control module and headlamp harness, should be good to go!

If I was utilizing the 71/2' on the F350, I'd be installing a set of wings and a snow foil, that truck can certainly handle the additional length and weight.

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

If there no wings you'll be driving on the snow that you leave trailing

6. mailman

mailman Junior Member

new ford

yea I get ya ,going to try for a bigger plow wonder if fisher takes trade ins?

thanks

7. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

donno about that but an 8 footer would fit. No problems

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I don't know many dealers that take them in trade, but even if they did, I'd never do it. Just sell it. Advertise it on here, in the Want Advertiser, on eBay, etc. These things go for big money this time of year!

9. mailman

mailman Junior Member

new ford

Good idea,thanks I will do that!:)