1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Ford Super Duty! 2008!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Fordistough, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Has everybody seen the new Ford Super Duty????? How awesome! Oh, and did you see the new Chevy laughing stock? How wussy, it's like the Tahoe and Suburban.

I can't wait to try the new 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel.

-Thann

2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

2008 Fords

I don't much care for the headlights but I think they may grow on me after a while, but I can't say I really like the interior. It looks too much like an F150. Other than this, looks to be a good truck.

I'd wait a couple years before buying one with the new Diesel.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I think they look pretty good. Much better than GM, but I am not sure if they are going to look better than Dodge. I with sbrennan007 on the headlights and interior, but I guess they'll grow on me. That new 6.4L has twin turbos right? When I get rid of my truck in a few years I might spring for one of those after I see how well they work out.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm more of a ford guy, but don't forget that there is always something bigger and better(no need to make fun of chevys). check out the new international pickups( yeah the big one). i like my fords but my IHC is one tough SOB

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Does anybody have a picture of one?

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

No slams from TNT yet? Amazing.

I think the headlights are butt ugly and a few of the other changes, but what do you do. They left absolutely no room under the hood for anything like central hydraulics either. Or even enough room to work on the engine for that matter.

8. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

Yeah I am not to impressed with the headlights either. i love my 2003 F350, but instead of going to that 6.4L i wish they would just go back to the 7.3L. Just my thought.
    Hope you guys have a good season!

9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

He's probably out test driving one right now!:D

Seriously though, what are you going to work on under the hood?????(besides the CentHyd)

10. Mark Oomkes

Now you're the funny guy, but looks aren't everything. :p

I guess I should rephrase, I hate to have a $400 labor bill for changing out the $25 serpentine belt.

11. Big Dog D

Is that all you do??? *****, *****, *****?????????????????:dizzy:

. :D

12. Mark Oomkes

Nope, just argue, argue argue. Especially on the internet. :D :D

13. Big Dog D

Well then here, maybe you can get this on a T-shirt for yourself!

post-6097-1157515866.jpg

14. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I hate the interior, don't care for how they overturned the tail lights, and have mixed emotions about the headlights. And JAY BROWN, I love my 1974 IHC 1 ton dually 4x4, but nobody makes one like that anymore. The International Harvester company has changed to the International Navistar company, and althought they make a pretty good product, they are now a class 8 manf. that is just playing around making that "Pickup". And at least the Ford truck has the Intl Engine!

-Thann

15. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

amen, i bet that 74 ihc is one tough truck. my 1964(2 ton) has a 345ci. w/ 4 speed. what does the 74 have? i have heard the 345 is likely to run 300k miles. also who's motor is the 6.4, going into the ford?

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

anyone know what the horse power/tourgue gonna be ?

17. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the 6.4 is an international engine, twin turbo and hopefullly no problems.

18. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Work under the hood?
    Like I tell my wife, Fords don't break ! their just being towed in for adjustment !
    People think I am nuts when I say International made a pickup truck.
    One of my Uncles had a brand new 74 International 4X4 Pickup.
    I can remember the truck hub deep in mud just flinging it everywhere. Then the front ring and pinion gave out. Dad just hooked up his 73 F-350 and pulled him out after much digging.

19. Mark Oomkes

Lol. You mean an IH like this one? It was my dad's first pickup, I think it was a '68. The other is a Toyota land Cruiser. I can still remember riding along with him and plowing in the IH's. Tough little trucks.

Scan789 (Medium).jpg

20. J29

J29 Senior Member

Plowman45,
    According to Motor Trend, HP is around 350 and torque is 650 lb-ft.