1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Ford F250 pricing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by evenpar4, Oct 14, 2004.

1. evenpar4

evenpar4 Junior Member

I have been looking at new plow trucks for a little while and was wondering your guys opinion. I looked at a new 2004 Ford F250 XL - limited slip, AC automatic with a new Fisher 8' minute mount II plow installed. They want $24,200 for the entire package. ( no commercial up-fit) The dealer has a few at this price and it is in writing. Good deal / bad deal/ push for more discounts? Thanks guys and I appreciate your help.

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sounds good to me.

3. somm

somm Senior Member

Great deal on the surface, let's see what its going to cost you 2-3 years:

A.) Always begin with The End in mind: ask them what your 30,000 Mile Service Package will probably cost you in a couple years, then request a 35% Discount Voucher (signed, dated dealer Letterhead from 2 company senior officers-only!) for it!! A 30K mile transmission oil & filter change on a 7.3l turbo-diesel presently costs $550. Brake pad & drum replacement could easily cost you $450 additional (perhaps a $50 dealer discount for full 30K mile Service Package would be offered by the Service Manager at that time)- prices escalate over time friend, so ask for 35 percantage-discount, or $350 off this 30K-Mile Service occurrence, whichever is less at that time.

B.) Ford is NOTORIOUS for insufficient brakes, NEVER TAKE DELIVERY of a Ford Product without an All-Four(orSix) Brake pad upgrade (especially for the major front-end weight of a snow plow rig) at least a front brake upgrade to Heavy Duty Brake-Pads EVEN IF YOU'VE PURCHASED A FORD HD-series TURBO DIESEL (unbelieveably,they don't come "stock" with Heavy Duty Brake PADS unless you ask !!!). If you don't receive this upgrade it W I L L cost you your front H D Drums in 20-30K miles to the tune of about $150 per drum in 2 to 3 years from now (IF you don't have HD Drums & Pads make them install them both at least in the front brakes!!!) Ford has found a cheap pad type for all their new since 2000 vehicles that makes virtually no sound as it grinds your drums to snot after about 25K miles, undetected!!! Always make them install the new Heavy Duty replacement PADS for your brake-system's longevity!! Just say: "With all due respects, the Brakes are a vital Synergistic System of snow plow operation, sir, that for my company's Snow Rig dollar - is a most necessary element requiring the Utmost Strength in engineering prior any company purchase decision, thank you!".

C.) Meyer 60 series Pump & Meyer Max (poly-upper) 7'6"plow may have greater resale/trade value than Fischer products. I have yet to see a 15 year old Fischer in operation - Meyer wont disappoint you, and nearly zero service is required. All we've replaced in 5 years on our Meyer: one blade bolt and hardware on one flexible upright blade guide.

Feel Strongly an aire of confidence before and as you counteroffer for these upgrades for a Win/Win Or No Deal negotiated offer for your company's and their own benefit (be prepared to walk... only-AFTER you've consulted face to face with the Dealer's Ownership or Operations Manager voicing your board of directors (spouse,oldest kid and cat's) concerns, as these've been recently awarded by dealers ...only to those business owners brave enough to posture for their businesses longevity and families-sake successfully by so many before you! You CAN Negotiate a Win Win Done-Deal (just take the low-road and have fun with it -keep a sad face- and blame it ALL on your budget/accountant, and be prepared to walk only after seeing their VP of Sales or Ownership). Don't hesitate to request for another Sales Associate, if the one you're with and you don't seem to see eye to eye - you're taking on no small amount of risk for your company without some dealer allowances here in these cases.

Print to file and take this text with you to your dealership. If their leadership won't meet you with at least the Front Heavy-Duty Brake-PAD Upgrade, then go walk immediately to the next Ford Truck dealership - the one you're at will probably tackle you at the door before you get there, especially if it's before Nov.2nd 2004 !

Negotiate! You Solon of Snow Removal You! :D
    -somm

4. wls

wls Senior Member

A 30K mile transmission oil & filter change on a 7.3l turbo-diesel presently costs $550.

I paid $99.00 for mine at a ford dealer, fluid/filter, checked front/rear/transfer case also. Had it done at 29,000 miles

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

somm,
    Are you saying he shouldn't buy the truck if they won't replace the brake pads?? Are you saying he shouldn't buy the truck if they don't agree to a 30,000 mile service agreement at a discount?? These are all good points, did you get all of this when you bought your truck?? At what dealership did you buy your truck?? BOAST