1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW FOR ME 2000 F-250xlt

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FISHERBOY, Jul 7, 2013.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I pick this baby up in late may, it only has 27,000 original miles:eek:, I really don't want to put my spreader in it this winter.

2. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

I cant remember if two tone paint was even an option in 2000. It sure is a nice find, hopefully at a nice price!
  3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking low mile truck good luck with it
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice find. I would hate to put a spreader in it to.
  5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Wow that is super clean!
  6. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Looks real nice! That's the first XLT I've seen in that color combo.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not a big Ford man but, if I'm not mistaken two tone was mostly a Lariat option right?
  8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

I've seen plenty of two-tone XLT's before, just not dark green/tan.
  9. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

WOW nice looking truck!! I'm sure she will treat you right!

FISHERBOY Senior Member

So far very happy with the truck, rides so much better than my 99 f-250xl, I was shocked when I looked under the truck all the paint was still on the frame and rears. The oil pan is in excellent shape, in a few weeks i'm going to do due some minor upgrades, exhaust, banks turbo wheel, gauges.
  11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Just put the spreader on it already, it wont make you any money waxed up and in the garage all winter.....

Looks good man
  12. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

crazy how clean that is.I would put the spreader in myself, if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it? I just got a nice 97 7.3 for 65
  13. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats! I like the low Miles, it will go for a long time.
  14. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Nice find! Will serve you many years to come. Can i ask what you gave for it?

FISHERBOY Senior Member

they wanted 21,800, I got it for 21,000.00 with the plow and the cap. Now I got her sounding good, banks turbo wheel, 4in diamond eye dual exhaust.
  16. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

No offense, but that seems a little much for something 14 years old. Even if it is in perfect shape. I did a KBB price thing on a 2000 XLT, diesel, with plow, etc. and in excellent condition it said 14,600 or so. Still a great find nonetheless.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

yeah I feel the same way, but my other f-250 was becoming a money pit to say the least, nothing wrong with the new fords but I don't need another house payment lol
  18. Jim74

Jim74 Member

21k on a tried and true motor over 50k on a new one, with a plow, less than 30k miles, if he puts 6500 into upgrades and a sander he is still doing fine, excellent find my friend.
  19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

KBB/NADA isn't a good pricing source for the 7.3 trucks weather it's a Superduty or an OBS. Guys will pay good money for them because they are proven and generally outlast the truck they are mounted in. If you could get a 7.3 with a 5R110 or 6R140 trans you'd have something there. The 4R100's aren't bad, they are just kinda clueless sometimes and the wide gear spacing makes them annoying to tow heavy with.
  20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably too late, but BD, RiffRaff, and Dieselsite (Wicked Wheel 2) have all come out with new/better billet wheels that cure surge and increase spool up - the old Banks/Wicked Wheels, etc were just factory Early 99 Compressor wheels that really didn't do anything in terms of performance but sounded cool and helped with surge if you tuned it.

Head over to Powerstrokenation or Powerstrokearmy for some good info on mods - light or heavy. I'm amazed at how different my truck is with even the smallest tune on my chip - really gives it a lot more low end torque.

These 7.3's really are nice motors.