1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fleet this year!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dylan, Nov 27, 2005.

1. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

Of tractors of course!

I'm going to be using 2 JD 5425 tractors this winter with 6' blowers for my residential drives. I have 300 to do. Should be fun. Here are some pics.

Picture 008small.jpg

2. dylan

the blower can blow snow going forward and in reverse.

Picture 009small.jpg

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Do you have a swing seat in that tractor?

What is the distance between drives?

That should work nice for you and keep the drives nice and clean with few if any snow banks at the end. I am sure many in houses would love that as snow piles at the end are a complaint I know bother a few guys I know that plow res. drives.

4. dylan

Here is a map of one of my areas. 30 plus drives less than 20 seconds apart. I rarely have big banks of snow because I can just blow it away. Some of my areas are 50 drives this close together. No swing seat. just have to look over my shoulder. :(

Lex map small.jpg

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That should work out great for you in your case and how you are grouped. Soon when the others on that route notice your clean work you will have many more spots on that map filled in with purple.

6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Dylan...why don't you keep the loader on it?..that way you can back drag off of garage doors. Also curious as to why you choose the turf tires instead of the Industrial tires?...thanks

7. dylan

Hi Guys

That's the plan. Keep them close and do them all. I've almost pushed out all the other guys. 5 other guys combined do about 12 drives. Funny thing is , I am the highest priced! Good work goes a long way.
    I have a loader sitting around but rarely use it in the winter. with my setup , i backup to the garage door , set down the blower only leaving one foot or so and then drive forward dragging and blowing at the same time. I'm done in seconds and off to the next one. My contract states that a plow or loader WON"T be used. the customers like it that way. I find the turf tires make the tractor lower to the ground to get under low branches, it doesn't look as imposing for the elderly ladies and the sheer weight of the tractor just drives through anything. I was doing some commercial lots with my buddy and his truck and when he would get stuck, I could drive right though the pile he was pushing and then push him out with no problem. The tractors mow in the summer so it beats switching tires.

Have you tired those toolcats yet. I'm impressed and would like to get one.

Picture 005small.jpg

8. JTW

JTW Senior Member

:cool: Sweet!