1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by trademark, Dec 18, 2006.

1. trademark

trademark Junior Member

Just want to know what you thoughts are on the 7 1/2' RD Series with Minute Mount 2.. looks like thats the one i'm getting.. whats the good bad and the ugly on it.. I was leaning toward getting a Meyers at first.. I always use them and had little problems.. I can just remember having to use the truck with the fisher plow with the cable controls and having to beat it up to get it to work.. thanks for the help Jason
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

From a guy having first-hand experience for decades with Fisher, I can say you'll like the performance. 7 1/2' Fishers will move a lot of snow, and it's equally rugged as anything else you could find out there (probably moreso than Meyer). Good luck with it!

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You'll have no troubles with this plow setup at all, as long as you buy one that's in good shape (or new, for that matter). They are practically as strong as an HD plow and can plow small commercials without any trouble whatsoever. Very reliable setup. And as for the controls, are you referring to the in-cab controller, such as the Fish Stik or Joystick?
  4. trademark

trademark Junior Member

I'm getting it new for a good price I think $3900 installed.. I think it comes with a hand held he said for a $100 less I can get the joy stick I would rather get the hand held..
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Spend the extra money and get a 8'. 7.5' just aren't big enough.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

depends what he is puttin it on...:drinkup: :waving:
  7. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Go With The Fisher

Go with the fisher you will like it meyer would just be a bad move the fisher will last a long time and work very well
  8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah, you really can't say that until you know what kind of truck it's going on. If it's not at least a Class 2 truck, then it has to be a 7.5'.
  9. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

i have an 8ft Fisher MM1 on a 2001 dodge ram 1500...and i love it!