1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher XLS moutning problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hillviewstyle, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Hillviewstyle

Hillviewstyle Junior Member

Hey ive got a 2005 f-250 that I picked up a new fisher xls for today. the dealer was pushed back 3 weeks on mounting so I did a cash and carry and mounted it myself. got it all together and went to put the plow on and the push plates don't line up with the plow. it seems to be about 1/4" off. anybody run into the issue? could the push plates be welded wrong from the factory? please help!!
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Frame isn't bent is it
  3. Hillviewstyle

Hillviewstyle Junior Member

the truck frame? no its not. I had a Hiniker C plow on the truck that I removed today before the fisher and that was straight with no issues.
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That doesn't mean its straight
    You might have to shim the mounts to get the proper spacing

On my 2015 when I mounted the truck side it was off I had to add washers between the mounts and the frame to widen it It was off about 3/8''

on yours is it to narrow or to wide
  5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You gotta get the mounts 29 1/8" apart. Use the bar in the center of the mount to set the distance. Explains all this in the mounting instructions.
  6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Or you can take a big prybar put it in the hole where the pin goes in and move them to where you need them