1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher Speedcaster skid steer or truck spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tediesel, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

New Demo speedcaster spreader by Fisher. I have 2 of these. Excellent condition and work 100%. Look like new. Come with standard fisher/western mounts but for $100 I will make it into reciever mount, for 175 I will weld on a skid steer quick attach plate, for $50 you can have a used mount that pins on and slides over pickup or dump truck tailgate. I don't have controls for this but they can be found online or do what I do and just run a decent guage wire with 50 amp switch and fuse. These are over 1800 new. Price is $750 with factory mounts. I can ship these if I have to, figure a hundred or 2 depending on location.

s1.jpg

2. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

This model shoots just salt right and how much to ship to CT ? Also what are the standard Fisher/Western mounts ?

3. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

yeah it is for salt only. I ran bulk through one like this a few years ago fine as long as it didn't freeze it was fine. The standard mounts from fisher or western were for a reciever hitch that you ordered from them. It had sleeves on the outside of the hitch that the spreader slides into then there are pins that pin it in. For an accurate shipping price I'd need a zip code.

4. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

That's what I thought. I need to shoot sand/salt but thanks anyway.