1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher Polycaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cda817, Nov 19, 2009.

1. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I just bought the new 1.8cy Fisher Polycaster and it is a very well built piece of machinery. However, with the variable speed conveyor and variable spinner does anyone know how much material you are spreading at the different settings or is it just guess and check?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Guess and check. The gate is adjustable too. The nice thing is that you can adjust the spread width without changing the feed rate.

3. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Thank you. I just noticed that the gate was adjustable too.

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i just bought 2 of the western 1.5's , i was suprised at how heavy these things are for being ploy. the lids seem like they could be half the weight of what they are

5. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Yeah I was surprised at how heavy they are but being able to store them on end is a big savings on space especially as you get more equipment

6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, but wouldn't you want more feed when broadcasting at a wider width? Otherwise it would be a very thin application. And not as effective.

The Fisher poly didn't seem all that heavy!?! Mabe cuz im a strong guy ;)