1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher PolyCaster

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jlouki01, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Haven't gotten it wired up yet, threw on the spinner assembly for fun after I took it off the pallet. Looks like a really well built spreader for the money.

Picked it up from Quality Truck Equipment ( Site sponsor ) and financed through Innovative. Very smooth transaction.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice spreader. How many yards is it?
  3. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I bought the 1.8. I went right off the website with the 2.5 being for a dump / flat bed. I thought the dimensions would hinder it from being switched out to a regular truck if I needed to. Turns out it's a weight thing.. the 2.5 is only higher no change anywhere else. You could run it in a pickup just couldn't load it up to the top..
  4. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Just wondering are you spreading straight salt or sand salt?
  5. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

straight salt. However last year I had wanted to maybe spread some 50/50 salt / sand. However I had Snowex 1075 and that is not possible with those.

However just an FYI and because I am crazy like that I am going up tomorrow and picking up a scoop of straight sand to run through it to get used to it's operation. Hopefully it will be wet and heavy stuff.
  6. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Nice looking spreader. Hope it works well for you. Good luck this season.
  7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

How much was it before financing?
  8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I want to say like 4800.00... The local place wanted 6000.00 for it.