1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher Poly Caster

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColumbiaLand, Nov 22, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Ok Guys I need to hold more than 1 yard so I'm selling my snowex vee pro 6000 and looking at something around 1.5 yards for my truck. Only thing I wanted to ask was Can the 7' model be run in a 6' bed. Thanks Let me know
  2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i run a blizzard ice chaser (fisher rip off) 1.5 yarder in the back of my short bed f 250 no issues
  3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

do you think the ice chaser was cheaper, I have heard that you just pay more money for the fisher brand than for the ice chaser or tornado. Let me know what you think. Do you have any pictures of it?
  4. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

lets see a pic of that SP6000 and asking price in the for sale forum.
  5. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

we got our ice chaser from Portsmouth Ford in NH I'm not sure how it is in ur area but we found that the blizzard was $300 cheaper than the fisher and they sold both in house. We love our blizzard. We worked it hard for its first winter we would put 2 tons of sand salt mix in it everytime. its the first generation model the only thing we want to put on it is a vibrator I hear the 2nd generation was suppose to over come that (bridging wise)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, not at my dealer anyway--he just sold 30 of the 1.5 yard red,yellow, and gray ones in the last 2 weeks,all at the same price--about $3,800 picked up.They're all made by Douglas Dynamics,identical,except for color--they should be all the same price,at least at each dealer.I waited too long,now I'm getting a Salt Dogg and saving $700--should be fine.
  7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

why is this in the pictures forum???