1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New fisher plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by korelandscaping, Mar 27, 2007.

1. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I heard that Fisher bought out Blizzard? They are rolling out with their version of the power plow next season. I saw a picture of it today...it looks sick! I already told my guy to hold one for me when they come into production. I'm just hoping they tested it enough before rolling it out.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

as long as the paint holds up better then blizzards crap.
  3. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Hey Kore, where did you see it ,and what was the price of it??? Did your guy give you any specs on it yet?
  4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Seach on this site. There is an active discussion about it right now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  5. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

the New Fisher XLS series plow. X-pandable Length Snowplow. is going to be available for this upcoming season.
    Width retracted 96 in
    Width expanded 120 in
    Width scoop 106 in
    Width @ full angle 86"/108"/95"
    Height 29"
    Blade and Wings 12 gage steel
    Cutting edge optional 1/2 x 6 top punch
    Plow weight 1000 lb
    Pricing has not been released as of yet. I expect to see it next week.
    It is using a similar power pack to this years Extreme V with diferent valveing.
    It still is a TRIP EDGE FISHER PLOW not a trip blade as the blizzard is and it still hooks up to the mintue mount truck mounts.
    Western has there own version called the Wide OUT, this plow is a trip blade design that also uses the DD built hyd pack and the Western Ultra mount system.Same Width and height as the Fisher but weighs 45 lb less.
    Hope this info helps.
  6. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Fisher had one at one of the local dealers showing it off last week, if I wasnt in a rush to get back home I would have stopped, It looked sweet, no only if they would combine the Xblade and the Power wings we'd be in business:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Douglas Dynamics bought out Blizzard? You're kidding right? Stop the presses!

Flipper, LMAO
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

WOW! Mark are you serious? LOL! j/k :D
  9. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I saw a black GMC ext cab all lettered up with fisher on I-290 about 4 yesterday and mounted on the front was the new blade. the trucks tag was from maine
  10. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

The guy that was driving was porbably Dave Staples from Fisher. He is the sales rep for them in this area.
  11. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

If you look in the pictures forum you will see the plow and the truck.
  12. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I saw that same truck today on I-290. I think it had the new blade on the front.
  13. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Me I DONO? I figure a streight 8ft blade does a pretty Good JOB! as I also Figure? this New Expandable is just more Problems? 2 extra Cyls Hoses & cutting edges & Not really Gaining all that much? $$ wise! or Efficentcy so Why bother? as even ON large Lots a Couple of extra Pushes? would OFF set the $$ investment as I Figure? If You DO Hit some thing? & WE all DO! especially w/ the Outer Edges? Big Bucks in Repairs! & I personally think? the MM mount Sucks Big Time! as I have three streight Blade Fishers & I*M Happy w/ Them as I*LL wait & SEE? how this New Fancy Plow Works? & in the mean TIME I*LL look for a NOW!! OLe BLIZZARD--Ole Tower--