1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher on 2002 F450

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lieutlamson, Oct 17, 2007.

1. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Finally got the new plow on today. The truck came with a 9 foot curtis that was really beat up. It looks like the frame had been welded a few times and someone wore the plow down to the cutting edge bolts. So i decided to get another fisher, no X-blade this time just the regular basic plow. The truck in general really looks good now. When I bought the truck it had the painted bumper and glass headlights. I bought all the stuff on ebay cheap, and really makes the truck look new.

2. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

good job, man it looks like a new 06
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

good looking setup. truck looks great for 6 years old.
  4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sharp Truck!! Strong Work!!
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that is a nice clean tough looking rig...looks brand new
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah that looks great! I really like that plow for being a fisher ;)
  7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Jealousy I know.... we can't all have Fishers, but it's a great thought!
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

nice set-up, it looks great. Nothing like a fisher, and i see you have the snow foil too. Is a snowfoil a good investment?
  9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Haha, actually the fisher was my first choice, but when I bought my truck it was already wired up with the boss stuff so it was cheaper just to buy the plow since its all i was missin. I love my boss but ill probably get the fisher V on a future truck.
  10. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Ive heard different opinons on the snow foil, but I decided to go with it because I plow mostly roads for the town. Theres no way to completly stop some snow from coming up onto the windshield but the snow foil helps. On the other hand I have seen guys bend the snow foils when going into piles. Atleast mine is three piece so if something happens hopefully I can save it.

It listed out for 300 + I think I got it for around 150.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck guys....A little sanding, grinding, paint and some chrome and it look brand new.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  11. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Where did you get the plow and snowfoil, I need to get some foils for my two blades this year...
  12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think there's anything that looks better than a brand new Fisher of any kind! Like Extreme Makeover... it helps make your truck look brand new!
  13. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

I bought the plow and snowfoil at Langs Corner Garage in Rye, NH. The owners name is Paul, hes a great guy to do business with. Ive bought all my Fishers and parts through him and he gives me a good price. He has a web site also langscornergarage.com

I really like the new plow lights on the Fishers. They almost match the headlights in the truck!
  14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

And ive also heard that it makes your bad gas mileage while driving with just a plow, a lot worse! But it makes you a good chunk of money, so i guess that's not a problem!
    Awesome looking rig, looks brand new and REAL tough, the wheel simulators really make it stand out!
  15. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Yeah during the winter the truck isnt going to move mouch except for plowing. All I have to do is pull out of my driveway and drop the plow...Ive never calculated the gas mileage, but it has to be low with a 4.88 gear. Its kinda a pain to fill up esp with a credit card because it shuts off at $75 and that is no where near full.

I got the wheel sims of ebay, they are no name but look and are built the same as the big $ phenix covers.
  16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Truck and plow look really good! Thats a 9' blade right??
  17. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Yep 9 foot...
  18. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

How long of a drive is that?
  19. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

so I'm assuming that you plow for Danvers? If so what route do you have I used to plow for the town.
  20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice truck. That plow looks tough!