1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher MM2 jumpy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SteveJ, Jan 29, 2008.

1. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Hello everyone!

Newbie to this site with a ? on a new fisher.

The ? is... I had a new 8' HD installed on my 08 chevy silverado and the plow goes up and down smooth, agles off to the right, (curbside) smooth, but when angling to the left (center of road), and I let go of the stick, it stops with a BANG! :dizzy: My old MM1 was smooth from day one. I just figured I'd ask you guys here before I take it back and they start giving me the ole "just use it it's fine" story. :realmad:

So thanks in advance for any help! :drinkup:

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Actually it is to be considered normal when using a joystick. Joysticks don't have a soft-stop feature available whereas the Fish-stik has it built in. Take it back and try it with a Fish-stik to see how it works.
  3. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Thanks Lon.

It's just got me gabuzzled. :dizzy:

I guess I'll have to live with it since I don't like the fish stiks.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

what happens is the the valve snaps shut while the motor is still turnning and it is a pressure spike against a closed valve.
  5. kattoom125

kattoom125 Member

Steve Where Abouts Are You In The Northeast
  6. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

does the whole front of the truck shake back and forth with the bang, or does it just make the noise?
  7. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

I'm in upstate NY near Klaverack.
  8. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Yep, the plow shakes, not the truck. My old fishers never did that and I always ran the little joystick because I don't like holding the fish stik in my other hand. Gotta keep that free for a cup a coffee. :drinkup::dizzy:
  9. diesel dust

diesel dust Junior Member

mine does the same thing:realmad: my old mm1 is much smoother :) they both have the fishstik:help:
  10. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I have to agree with others. My mm2 was alot jumpier thatn my MM1. But I got the fish stix and its smotther than my MM1
  11. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

I have the same issue- it only bangs when angled to the left...:confused: