1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher Lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dutchman, Dec 8, 2006.

1. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

The lights will cost me $233 but I need brackets to make the Lights fit and they will cost me $120 is there a other way to get these Lights on. I think it is crazy to pay $120 for brackets.

Dutchman

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

I just did the same thing to my fisher plow, the lights are nice, i think it cost me over $300 to mount them (lights included) seeing that the lights are so big you really need to get the brackets, if however you have a 11 pin harness dont waste your money on the wire adapter like i did... one more thing is, the brackets have two holes in it, one is slotted so that you can turn the light from left to right to adjust them.... i did figure out a way to mount them ,but with the blade up, the lift frame would hit the lights or my other way would bring them out to much... once i got the brackets i was shocked to see that what i fabricated wasnt to far off from fisher..... good luck with your new lights, you will be able to see now lol

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

one more thing, depending on were you are in ct. i would call DWORKING CHEVY. 1-203-736-6901 they will ship them right to you, i think the guys name was Jim...

4. nichols

nichols Member

Find a friend that is decent at fabrication, and have him make a set of brackets for you. I can't imagine it'll take him all that long at all. Paint them, mount the lights, enjoy. :)

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Dutchman are you running a Dodge? If you are the brackets from Fisher will not work. I just went through the same problem. But I made the bracket up for under $30. All you need is a Drill. But a drill press works a lot easier. Check my other post "Do not Buy Intesifires"

6. BigDave12768

Hey Watch Ebay for them. The guy in ME is auctioning them off. I got mine for $230 shipped. The place down the street had them for $240 plus tax. So 252 was final price. I think CT has a 7% tax. So you could save $25 and the guy ships fast

7. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Sales tax in Ct is 6%. I just bought a mounting kit for 120.00 too. I'm going to try to mock up the mounting kit but from what I understand it's tough?

8. BigDave12768

very easy to make a mount for them. Trust me I am the worst at fabricating things. Go down to a steel shop. Ask them for a piece of scrap. You really only need a pice that is 2 feet long and 5 or 6 inches wide and at least a 1/4 think. Have the metal shop cut it in half for you Drill a second hole in the crossbar on the plow. Then just use the bracket as a guide for 2 new holes for the lights. Very easy to make. Then paint it.

9. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

No I have a chevy but they should think a little harder at fisher because that was a big mistake with the Dodge