1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher HT Leaking Help!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Guys,

I posted a while back on this but wanted to post again with updated pics. Let me preface this posting by saying that I do have an appt tomorrow with the dealer to check/replace the cylinders in question.

My original issue was with the lift cylinder leaking. I noticed hydraulic fluid at the bottom of the lift ram where it bolts to the A frame. Called dealer and they said the hydraulic resivoir may have been overfilled and that is excess leaking out and onto the lift ram from the tank. Then after this recent storm here in Boston, I go out and notice the same thing only this time there is no fluid coming from the hydraulics under the plastic cover.

[​IMG]

Then while looking at the lift cylinder, I notice the angle rams are showing fluid at the seal? Is this normal, or is it leaking like mother?? Plow is only two months old and I have not hit anything hard with the plow. I am very frustrated right now, mostly because I dont know if this is normal or not. I love the plow but want it fixed if this is not supposed to do this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jshocik

jshocik Member

Seeing the angle pistons are leaking, & they are, that shoots the dealers excuse of an over-filled resevoir to he**. You say the plow is 2 mos old, I wouldn't touch anything...it's under warranty. Let the dealer fix it. Also, on another post about Fisher quality issues on this site, there is contact information for contacting Fisher about this if the dealer is no help.

3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

UGH so all 3 are leaking? WTF?!

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Yeah definetly leaking. There's no doubt about that

5. jshocik

jshocik Member

Yea!!! That blue stuff is Fisher Plow Fluid !! My pistons don't show ANY blue stuff, & I just changed the fluid & filter on mine W/Fisher plow fluid. My plow is 10 yrs. old. Please don't believe the dealer if they say this from an over filled reservoir.

6. jshocik

jshocik Member

There is another thread titled "Fed up with Fisher's Quality Control". Check it out about who to contact at Fisher if you have problems at the dealer.

7. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Dealer replaced all 3 pistons for me under warranty. Let's hope all is well from here on. I did freak out a bit when I was driving away from the dealer. Pulled to side of road to check functionality and the plow went up/down ok but side/side it was hesitating and at one point wouldn't move to one side. Turned around and went back to dealer. Of course all was fine after that. Air in the system maybe??? I noticed while driving the wind would push plow to one side. Not happening anymore after we ran plow side/side for a few cycles.

8. jshocik

jshocik Member

Fisher's have a self-bleeding system, you have to cycle it a few times to get the air out of the system. The dealer should have done that before you picked it up. Glad everything' OK...just check the fluid level to make sure it's OK, sounds like there was some air in the system when you picked it up & it's gone now.

9. mike3623

mike3623 Junior Member

have you tried this since? I bought a ht like 3 effing weeks ago and my right angle is seeping and my lift is seeping. my installer said the dealer he got it from wouldn't touch it until it leaks. I just spent $4k for a brand new leaking plow. he gave me a gland nut if I wanted to do it, but I don't know if this will fix my issue

10. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I did try it briefly after all the rams were replaced and I didn't notice any leaking. I am hoping the replacements work, but only time will tell. who is your dealer? you have a two year factory warranty on the plow so not sure why they wont replace the leaking ram for you under warranty. that is BS! my dealer didn't give me any hassle whatsoever. Bring it in and all 3 were swapped out JC Madigan in Lancaster did my install. Very happy with them so far.

11. mike3623

mike3623 Junior Member

I got mine brand new from a installer in belmont. The dealer he got the plow from said that. I called fisher amd they said i can bring my plow to any fisher dealer for repair. My only issue is my damn receipt for my plow got put in the shredder pile at the house fml. I registered my plow the day i bought it but dont believe any dealer would take it without a date of purchase receipt. I just tried my plow and cant get it to seep.

12. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

The rams on my plow were not dripping fluid at all. I noticed the leaks the same way you see the picks above. Slushy blue fluid around the ram seals. Never once were the rams seeping fluid but the fact that the fluid was showing around the seals was enough to prove they were all leaking.

13. JCark

JCark Member

I had the same exact issue on my new 8 ft HD when I got it a few years ago. The seals from the factory were a known issue at the time. My dealer replaced the seals on all 3 rams and its been working great ever since.

14. jshocik

jshocik Member

Mike, to me, seepage IS leakage...there is a leak, though small. The point is it's NOT supposed to do that at all!! On one of my replies on this thread, I found another post, "Fed up with Fisher's Quality Control". I would check it out, there is info on who to contact at Fisher if you continue to have problems.

15. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

See if the place that installed it for you will give you a copy of the receipt. Shouldn't be a big deal, no skin off their back right??

Good luck, NYH1.

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Time for a new dealer.

17. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Looks like the three new rams that were installed are now leaking? You be the judge. Dealer was contacted. I am NOT happy.

Angle Ram
    [​IMG]

Lift Ram
    [​IMG]

Angle Ram
    [​IMG]

18. mike3623

mike3623 Junior Member

Same here! Mine are exactly like yours, but not as bad as the last blizzard. I only plowed 4 driveways since im the only one in mass thats required to work on a snow day lol gotta love NSTAR

19. mike3623

mike3623 Junior Member

My right and lift pistons are the only ones that leak. I dont get it. I wish i got a sd but love the ht

20. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I love the HT as well but I'm about to ask for a new one, or just pay the difference for a new SD. This is crazy. I am an hour away from the dealer and this will be the 3rd trip there.