1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Fisher ExtremeV question ....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pinzgauer, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

for you guys who have one: Is it me or does that plow drop like a rock when lowering?

thanks .........

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's a drop speed adjustment screw on the backside of the valve body. Fisher call's it a "quill". Turning it clockwise will slow down the drop speed. Check your owners manual...

3. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I'm getting my Fisher 8'6" Xtreme V in about a week. It's shipping out tomorrow. Can't wait. First V plow for me.

4. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

thanks .... when I asked my dealer about the drop speed they told me it comes that way from the factory. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about their competence. :realmad:

thanks for the reply .........

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Take the plastic cover off the back,it's the slotted screw rite underneath the resivoir to the top right.Every Extreme V i've installed needed to be adjusted.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I got mine last year and love it! Its saved me a ton of time.

7. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Thats what I am hoping for once I get used to it. Also it will help get through some of the drifts I could not get through in the past.

8. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

another question please:

what's the reason that they had to take of my tow hooks. Looks to me that there is enough space and all mounting holes are the same.

Thanks .........

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where in VT are you?

10. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

in the Ludlow area

11. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Any one with an Xtreme have any vids.

12. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Which dealer do you use- Byrnes truck store?

14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

idk i kind of like the fast drop speed on the fisher i use. it warns people to get out of my way lol. :D

15. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

If it drops too fast it will begin to blow fluid out the vent, been there done that.

16. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

He had the best price, for sure. But I wound up having Springfield Automart put it on. They sold me the truck and I didn't want them to have any warranty issues. Paid $300.00 more than Byrnes.