1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher Extreme V 9.5

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PROCUTSLAWNCARE, Oct 27, 2006.

1. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE Senior Member

Here it is. My new Extreme on my 2500HD Diesel.

2. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

Whoops, lets try that again!

Copy of Picture 277.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Hot damn thats a big plow!:eek:
    looks great man. im suprised the dealer actually put that size plow on a duramax 2500

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

You Don't think that plow is to much weight for a 2500hd? Personally I think thats just asking for problems.

Yet it does Look Amazing

5. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

yeahh, my dealer is a good friend of mine and I had to twist his arm. But he ordered it and we put er on! With no weight in the bed it only dropped the front by about 3 inches. So I hope to be ok.......

6. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

another pic...

Copy of Picture 274.jpg

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

It's not the drop I would be overly worried about. it's the stress on the frame and everything else, from having to carry that extra weight. As I always say, nothing like holding a plank length ways infront of you. of course your arms going to drop a little, and you'll still carry it, but whats it doing to your arm while you do.

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

WHOA! i just looked at the specs on that plow...1,031lbs not including mount!
    She is a beauty though

9. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

yeah I hear ya. I usually trade my trucks in after 2 years of plowing anyways so hopefully I wont beat it too bad. I had a poly 8 footer on it last year and I plowed like crazy with it... so hopefully with a little TLC... I should be ok!

10. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

06Hd-

Remember.... The mount doesnt way that much. It's just two peices under the truck... I read that too and thought to myself, WOW this thing is HEAVY. But thats the total weight. Pump. lights, plow the whole nine! Except the 2 peices under the truck!

11. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Looks great, but be careful.

12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I like it alot. I'm not understanding what the big deal about the wieght is though. I've seen guys with the same truck set up running Blizzard 810s on the front of there trucks. Thos are 950 not including the mount and those mounts are alot bigger then a Fisher mount. Heck I'm sure someone out there probably has an 8611 low pro on there truck and thats about the same wieght. Plenty of ballast and Timbrens that IMO will be a great truck. Good luck.

Will

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You'll be fine with Timbrens and proper ballast. Have fun, that's a gorgeous truck! More pics of truck.

14. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Yeah and that plow weighs 400 lbs less.

Yeesh.

Good luck. The cops el give that a second glance too since its probably illegal due to the width regardless of it being a V

Does look good though.

15. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Is that just a regular cab long bed config?

If so, even with the durmax, they should be able to put that big of plow on, the quick match says it can anyways. I'm drooling! xysport :salute:

16. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

woops, ha, guess I read that wrong, only 9 HD.

Oh wells, it is 3:00 am. Maybe I shoudl get some sleep.

Here is a funny question, If we legally aren't supposed to have anything over I believe its 8'6" on the road in most places it seems, why are plow manufactures producing blades that big? Seems to me to be a little backwards and then to have a cop waste the time to stop and measure and say too big, ok maybe in rush hour traffic but at 3 and 4 in the morning. That would piss me off! Lets see him get his toushy out their and bust some crime instead of busting our chops. :salute: :drinkup:

17. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

We have an 86-11 on our Ford and only had to repair the front axle once but it sure is a nice plow. And we have the 9'6" Fisher V of our other trucks and have no weight problems.

18. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey very nice truck and plow. Red is the only way to go!

19. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

Hey guys,

Thanks for the nice comments, If I get stopped for being to wide I'll just scoop the cop right out the way! LOL...

The truck is a reg cad long bed Diesel. So far it has been more than enough truck for me, but I cant wait to see it push snow with the new V plow.

I pull a 24' enclosed trailer in the summer with all my lawncare Eq in it. It pulls that trailer like it's not even there. The only thing I have done to the truck is a 5" exhaust from the turbo back, and a Hyper tech chip.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=165106

20. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

my exact words my dump doesnt even have that big a plow but i like it nice looking too