1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher controller question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Landscape80, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

I went out & hooked up my plow yesterday for the snow that we didn't get today :p
    and noticed that my controller was acting up. I have an EZ-V with new style controller, when the plow is straight, and you hit the left or right angle buttons, the whole plow is supposed to angle (just like a straight blade). But when I hit those buttons the plow will only move that particular wing, back, not forward, I have to use the wing button to get it to move forward. The controller is brand new but my thought is that the circuit board in it is starting to go. I would think that I should be able to get a direct replacement from Fisher. What do you guys think?

Chris

2. Landscape80

nobody? c'mon....

3. JK828

JK828 Junior Member

Douglas Equipment in York is a Fisher dealer with great service. Call them at 717-4281517 ask for Brett.

4. Landscape80

Yep, I deal with them quite a bit. Just wanted to get a bit of feedback. I guess I'll give em' a call since noone knows anything about these.

Chris

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I heard the early controllers had some problems with the wires breaking inside.Could be a intermittent open, I would have it it checked asap. Last thing you want it trouble during a storm.

6. Landscape80

Went to Douglas this morning, controller tested & checked out fine. Any suggestions?

Yaz, I have the new style controller, not the old one. Mine has 4 round buttons (one in each corner) & the up-down-angle buttons. I know the old ones had problems though.

Chris

7. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

From the way you stated it worked fine I assume they just tested the controller itself? Did they test it while attached to your plow/truck? As that is what they should have done, Not tested just the controller. Unless I misunderstood what you said.